We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 305 Posts
    (My original post was accidentaly deleted by me, so this is an attempt to recreate my question for help):
    I am running Revo and have Formit, FormZBuilder, FormitFastPack installed and have 3 contact forms attached and they work fine.

The problem is that when someone sends an e-mail one of these plugins adds lots of jumbled character code to each e-mail due to Google reCAPTCHA field. Plus this code gets added to the view submissions area of FormZ. So it's adding the reCAPTCHA characters to the e-mail being sent and adding them to the saved e-mail in the view submissions areas of FormZ.

My e-mails look like this:
    Sent From: Your website Residential/Commercial Pre-Quote Form. 

Full Name: Jackson
    E-Mail Address: [email protected]
    Phone Number: 9375551212
    Street Address: 123 North Main St
    City/State/Zip: Dayton, OH 45410
    Residential or Commercial? Residential
    I would like information regarding fire detection: 
    Questions/Comments: This is a test by your webmaster to see if you contact form is working.
    03AHJ_VutVnCwVPjxIRFMCKh3KBIGUvd38TBXTSA9KoRqzaZ0_3fDtOHmgH-GSBC9f2n5F-6peW0O8nXBNBhKh0O9QnkJ_07YyoSQ1P15NhW9wKdxO9n98sP4ZmjwaNkzGpKkCKqghyQdxOdxDbAHBDIDPre8vTp3uWP2gnw5zyF3hYWIaRf_F7m_diRwauGL1hTGK40PcYcLKVaobo9gvpd-IjWbhaU2Hdg

See all that wacky code on the bottom? This is what I am talking about as it appears the emails are sending the reCAPTCHA code in jumbled form. And I think the very last line are the numbers I was asked to ender for that particular reCAPTCHA.

My client is on my case about removing these characters, but I don't know how. Anyone know how to remove these random (reCAPTCHA code) from my e-mails? [ed. note: wbbuilder last edited this post 10 years, 2 months ago.]
      Making the web a better place on site at a time! Dayton Web Design: http://www.dayton-web-design.com/
    • What does your email template look like?
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 305 Posts
        When you say e-mail template do you mean my contact page form? Do you mean one of my email chuncks or snipplets? Or is there an email file page that is installed to my server during Package Managment that needs tweaked manually?

My EmailTpl Chunk that sends the e-mail has this code:
        Sent From: Your website [[+formName]] Form.
        <br /><br />
        [[+message]]

The contact page form has this code:
        <h1>Contact</h1>
        <p>Contact Us</p>
        <p>Please use the form below.</p>
        [[*form]]

Obviously my FormZ is dependant upon FormIt and FormItFastPack being installed first. It's layered. I just do not see where I could remove this reCAPTCHA field directly from the emails being sent. [ed. note: wbbuilder last edited this post 10 years, 2 months ago.]
          Making the web a better place on site at a time! Dayton Web Design: http://www.dayton-web-design.com/
          • 305 Posts
          Bump. These reCAPTCHA characters seem to come standard for anyone who adds Google reCAPTCHA to FormIt while using FormZ. I find it hard to believe no-one else has noticed or addressed this issue. Anyone?
            • 7 Posts
            Try
            &excludeFields=`submit,recaptcha_challenge_field,recaptcha_response_field`

In your Formit call.

[[!FormIt?
                &hooks=`recaptcha,spam,[[+action]]`
                &excludeFields=`submit,recaptcha_challenge_field,recaptcha_response_field`
                &emailSubject=`submit`
            	&formid=`[[+id]]` [[- "Form ID"]]
            	&store=`1`
            	&storeTime=`900`
            	&successMessage=`<p>[[+success_message]]</p>`
            	&emailTo=`[[+email:default=``]]`
            	[[+validation:notempty=`&validate=`[[+validation]]``]]
            	[[+validationText:notempty=`[[+validationText]]`]]
            ]]
              Eskem studio - Identitée visuelle & conception graphique pour PME et PM

Création de site internet