We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 73 Posts
    I noticed in the package manager today that there was a new version of mxCalendar and updated it. Since I didn't get an error message or something, I assumed everything went OK.

However, I went in later this day to add some events, and now I can't add event anymore. When I click add event, I get the screen to fill the data of the event in, but when I want to save the event, that screen doesn't do anything and doesn't close (unless you click cancel). The event doesn't get added. Is there a way to solve this issue? Could be a caching problem?
      • 73 Posts
      Is it OK to delete all files and folders in the core/cache folder?
        • 73 Posts
        I deleted everything in the core/cache folder, I reinstalled the package.... But nothing helps sad
          • 47 Posts
          Hi Sophie. I had this problem not long ago and went through the error log to discover that the database structures hadn't been written properly. i.e. I had the latest code, but the tables hadn't been updated to include the new fields that new features rely on. This was resulting in a failure at the database layer every time I tried to add or update an event.

I found I needed to add:
          - a 'content' field to mxcalendars_events
          - a 'inlinecss' field to mxcalendars_categories

I added these using PHPMyAdmin and all was happy thereafter.

To see if that's your issue, check the MODX error log after making a save and see if you have some errors that relate to mxcalendar in there.
          • Sorry all, there were issues with the schema update. There is also a shortcut method always in the snippet that can be uncommented to update the schema if any issues exist. I'll get another release out soon to try to address the issue.

Cheers
              Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
              Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.