We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 166 Posts
    Hello there!

I just installed the mxcalender 1.1.10 through the Package Management in Modx Revo 2.2.10, which worked fine. Then I added the calendar name, calendar categories and events, which are all in the MySQL-DB as well.

In my resource I chose the code from the rtfm-site:

[[!mxcalendar?]]

But nothing shows up?! I cleared the chache, tried different browsers, but no output.

I tried several other snippet-calls I found in the net (with and without AJAX-implementation), but nothing works for me.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong here?

Kind regards!

EDIT: the calendar and all categories and events are active!

[ed. note: profilneurotiker last edited this post 10 years, 2 months ago.]
      • 166 Posts
      Ok, i tried several things...

With the normal call from the rtfm

[[!mxcalendar?]]

I did get any output at all.

Then I tried the ajax-call like this:

Resource 5 - the normal front-end-page

[[!mxcalendar?
      &ajaxResourceId=`10`
      &modalView=`1`
      ]]

Resource 10 - the ajax page with blank/wíthout template

[[!mxcalendar?]]

Result

So when I reload Resource 5 - the normal front-end-page - I still see any output at all. When I opened Resource 10 - the ajax-page - I see the entered events without any further HTML and CSS because of the blank template.

So I tried to interchange the code from Resource 5 to Resource 10 like this:

Resource 5 - the normal front-end-page

[[!mxcalendar?]]

Resource 10 - the ajax page with blank/wíthout template

[[!mxcalendar?
      &ajaxResourceId=`10`
      &modalView=`1`
      ]]

Result

same as before...

I tried to set the ajax-page in cached- and uncached-mode without any difference. Cache was cleared before each refresh.

I have no clue what's happening there. Any hint is much appreciated!

Cheers in advance! [ed. note: profilneurotiker last edited this post 10 years, 2 months ago.]
        • 166 Posts
        after trying several more thins and some rest inbetween I finally got it working:

Resource 5 - the normal front-end-page, cached

[[!mxCalendar? 
        &mxcAjaxPageId=`10` 
        &displayType=`list`
        &modalView=`1`
        &dir=`ASC`
        ]]

Resource 10 - the ajax page with blank/wíthout template, uncached

[[!mxcalendar?]]

Now everything shows up as it shlould be in default!

I tried furthermore to change the language for the output by adding this to the snippet-call:

&language=`de` 

but the front-end-output is still in english (weekdays, months, duration, hours, minutes).

I also need to change the timecode to "European", means not in am/pm but in 24 hrs...

Last thing I try to sort out is how I can show all events of today (or if today is empty the next day with entries) and all events by weekday in list-mode?

I want to use the mxCalendar for a Yoga-company which offers courses to their customers.

Any hints on my posted issues possible?
          • 113 Posts
          Hi there,

did you get any further?
          I would be interested, because Im planning to use it also for a sportsarea.
          Like you, I did a fast shot this evening, but there is no event showing up.

Would be great if you could share your affords

Thanks Nudibranch
            Smile, it confuses people!
            • 166 Posts
            Hi there!

My first fault was that I did set the snippet-call for the "mxcalender" inside a resource, but I forgot to set

[[*content]]

in the template. So nothing could show up.

Afterwards I managed it with the listed Ajax-Calls I entered above. But finally I managed my stuff with folders and resources by using getResources, which seemed more suitable for my case.