We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 138 Posts
    Hi, I have a modx website with a Forum.

My problem is I can’t login through the forum pages, but it works fine outside discuss.
    It is like, I click login, but nothing happens.

Has anyone had the same issue?

Thanks
      Webdesigner and musician.
      • 138 Posts
      Hi, so it seems to be a problem with caching.

Actually, on the Forum resource, I have deselected "Cacheable" in settings(see cap). And now, login seems to work again.
      The thing is, I'm quite sure it is not a good idea to leave a resource uncached.

Also, when I use the default theme, login works fine. Was anything changed with the new Discuss version ? Is there any way I can make login uncacheable ?

Thanks for you help.

The code I am using for login:
      [[!Login? &preHooks=`preHook.DiscussLogin`
      &postHooks=`postHook.DiscussLogin`]]
        Webdesigner and musician.
        • 51 Posts
        I think it should stay uncached. Alike some dynamic snippets on site pages. Do you have any critical problems with that? Perfomance of whole website or something?
        • I ended up going and removing the login on the discuss template and just using the one we had in the header (which for us was the same) …it logged my users into the site itself and discuss at the same time. no time to try to fix it. yes, had the same issue
            ________

Anne
            Toad-in-Chief
            Red Toad Media - Web Design, Louisville KY
            Hear me tweet: http://www.twitter.com/redtoadmedia
            "Bring on the imperialistic condiments." - Rory Gilmore