We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 45 Posts
    Hi,

Just understood how could I limit resources access to a group with ACL, and it works perfectly.

It seems like I can't set a resource group to my article, where I can set it to the article container. But it's not what I want. I want some articles to be accessed by visitors, and others to be restricted to my resource group.

I'd like to restrict access to my article detail. Created a "private article" and checked the resources group "member only", then save. On refresh, the resources group is unchecked. Check again, refresh again, same result : the resource group is unchecked. Is it a bug ? Or maybe the resource group should'nt be displayed ?

Help appreciated.

• 29 Posts
      Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem.

Any Resource Groups I tick an article to belong to are not being saved, when I return to edit the article again I find the boxes are not ticked.
      So all articles that I thought were user protected are now actually public.

I had actually assumed that by setting the appropriate resource groups on the container would mean that the same resource groups would automatically be ticked on creation of an article within - seems that I was wrong.

That aside, there needs to be at the very least the ability to manually set articles to belong to Resource Groups by ticking the boxes in the Resource Groups tab.
      As the previous poster asked - is this a bug?
      Is this a fix that will be applied to the next release of Articles? (currently running ver 1.7.6)

any help / advice appreciated

Ian
        • 29 Posts
        I have since found a partial solution/work-around here
        http://forums.modx.com/thread/?thread=79531

I set a Resource Group on the parent articles resource container and this plugin code successfully saved a new article using the same resource group setting.
        Plugin set to system event "OnDocFormSave"

I guess this is something which may be fixed in a future release of articles.
        Just to reiterate - the bug is that articles do not save any resource groups that are ticked; on a new article or on an edited article.

I do however still have a problem - the plugin works for articles created in the backend, but for articles created by NewsPublisher the plugin code doesn't seem to kick in... more investigation required :-(
          • 24,544 Posts
          That's odd. NewsPublisher calls the resource/create and resource/update processors, which both fire OnDocFormSave.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 22 Posts
            I'm having exactly the same issue here, modifying a article post and ticking the resource group i'd like applied to it. When saving it appears to have worked but then if you edit the page again the ticked option has reverted back to unticked?

Anyone found any solutions for this at all yet?