We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 92 Posts
    On my site I have a member login where I manually activate new members. It functioned without a problem until a few weeks ago. When a new member registers I get an admin notification in my mail. When I activate en deactivate existing members mails are being send. Forgot password send mails with new passwords. Quickemailcheck functions as does this code:
    <?php
     $to = "[email protected]";
     $subject = "Hi!";
     $body = "Hi,\n\nHow are you?";
     if (mail($to, $subject, $body)) {
       echo("<p>Message successfully sent!</p>");
      } else {
       echo("<p>Message delivery failed...</p>");
      }
     ?>

Putting this code on the server: echo "Test mail from postfix" | mail -s "Test postfix" [email protected] (normal mailadress of course) sends a mail.

So I am able to send mails.

The problem is that a new member does not get a mail his request is pending and no mail after activation the membership. After activation they can login with the username and password they choose. Looking in phpMyAdmin modx_users new users are there, but in the column: session state where all members have some entries expect the members who has not got the stated mails. the entry there is: NULL even after they loved in.

Im using Revolution 2.2.10-pl Login 1.8.1