On March 26, 2019 we launched new MODX Forums. Please join us at the new MODX Community Forums.
Subscribe: RSS
  • Hi

    we have a problem with inserting images within the tinyMCE.
    If I try to look for the adress of an images it opens the kcfinder-window, but there is no folder it only says "loading directory" and "loading files"

    We recently updated on Evo 1.12, after we got problem with uploading images with this error:
    Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect.
    File
    (/www/htdocs/xxxf5assets/plugins/seturl_js_tinymce.inc)
    is not within the allowed path(s):
    (/www/htdocs/xxxcbf5/:/tmp:/usr/bin:/www/htdocs/w00dcbf5:/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/share/php) in
    /www/htdocs/xxxcbf5/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/browser.php on line 17

    I had no idea why this happend, since there was no change made (so my client says ;-) ) and things were fine the last time uploading (month ago).
    I decided to try an update first (from Version 1.9), now the error changed, but I have no solution.

    I do not have problems to:
    upload PDF
    use the filemanager

    What can I do?


    Thanks
    Nudibranch

    Forgotten:
    php: 5.2.12
    mysql: 5.1.70 [ed. note: Nudibranch last edited this post 7 years, 8 months ago.]
      Smile, it confuses people!
    • You are missing a / after the file base path in backend. That's why the path /www/htdocs/xxxf5assets/plugins/seturl_js_tinymce.inc is wrong.
      • Quote from: Jako at Dec 17, 2013, 02:13 PM
        You are missing a / after the file base path in backend. That's why the path /www/htdocs/xxxf5assets/plugins/seturl_js_tinymce.inc is wrong.
        Hi Jako,

        yes, i was aware of that, we had this problem 2 years ago, and i fixed it on that time (putting a / before assets in "Configuration/Benutzeroberfläche Datei-URL).
        It worked at that time, and I assume it came back when we updated on Version 1.08 12 month ago. Its absolutly possible my client didnt noticed it, due to no need of change pictures.
        After he reported that error yesterday I made an update on 1.12, hoping the problem vanished.

        But: I dont get any error, it just didnt show me the directories
        I checked the base path: System info tells me its

        /www/htdocs/xxxbf5/

        in the configuration its [(base_path)] which looks correct for me. Besides I'm not able to change anything, its simply ignoring my input.

        If I try to insert an image the windows Header in TinyMCE says: KCFinder: /images
        I now compared with another more fresh installation where the windows header is "FileBrowser"
        Also the "urls" of systems are different.
        old updated version (not working)
        http://www.xxx.de/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/browse.php?opener=tinymce&type=images
        
        new system (all fine here)
        http://www.xxx.de/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/browser.php?Connector=/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/connector.php&ServerPath=/&editor=tinymce&editorpath=/assets/plugins/tinymce/&type=images&231077
        


        I do not really understand all that backend-stuff, but it looks like, the new installation doesnt use KCFinder (whatever it is exactly) but something different.
        Can I - and how - update this difference? What exactly is different? Both have TinyMCE Version 3.5.8

        Thanks for more ideas

        Nudibranch

          Smile, it confuses people!
        • Evo 1.0.12 should have already KCFinder inside.

          For fixing the server path settings, please remove the entries directly (i.e. by phpMyAdmin) in the system_settings table (rb_base_dir and filemanager_path).

          And of course, each manager user could have its own File Manager Path set.
          • Hi Jako,

            thanks, I will try that end of next week.
            Have nice christmas

            Nudibranch
              Smile, it confuses people!
            • "As time goes by"

              I tried everthing mentioned here, I searched files, tried backups and then...

              we decided to skip the old installation and make a new one using Revo.
              Due to requirements of Revo and because of a newstart we forced the provider to changed the php Version from 5.2 to 5.4. and mysql to 5.5something
              And thats it.
              Everthing is working fine now in Evolution.

              A happy Nudibranch

                Smile, it confuses people!