We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    They're still in the database, not sure why I can't see them on the front end.

Evo 1.0.2
    I'm an administrator

some Snippets, the Plugins tab, and the All Elements tab are missing

This may have happened yesterday while I was adding some new TVs and a Snippet.

Any suggestions - even on how to troubleshoot this? I'm kinda out of ideas...

Thanks!
    • You might want to provide a screenshot and some additional details (server environment, db type, etc.).

Also, do you have a backup of your directories and of your database you can roll back to?

Is there a reason you're not using the latest version of MODX (1.0.12)?

• 6 Posts
        Thanks for the tips.

• A screenshot of the 'Manage Elements' page is attached.
        • The site is on shared hosting on Siteground.
        • MySQL database
        • I don't have a recent enough backup that rolling back is a good option.
        • I was planning to upgrade to 1.0.12 this weekend but thought I should resolve this issue prior to the upgrade so as not to further complicate troubleshooting.

Please let me know if there is other information I should be sharing, and I appreciate any suggestions you may have.
          • 1,613 Posts
          maybe upgrade to a newer version

you can also try to make a new user with administrator rules
          or make a user with custom rules and allow all.

can't see your mm_demo_rules.
          maybe there are some rules which hides that stuff?
          you can go to managermanager and check tab configuration and rename mm_demo_rules to something else and check whats happens?
            Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley
            • 6 Posts
            Thanks for all the ideas. Unfortunately, none of it turned up any solutions to the problem - the tabs are still missing.

I will try to upgrade to 1.0.12 and keep my fingers crossed.

Any suggestions on how to fundamentally debug this if that doesn't work?
              • 1,613 Posts
              dunno, maybe load the db into a brand new install? never had this problem
                • 6 Posts
                Ok, so I loaded the database into a brand new install of 1.0.12, copied over all the relevant files, ran the install routine, and it's just the same!

I've discovered that if a snippet is missing that I need to edit, I can go into the database through phpMyAdmin and change its category id to 7 and it will show up in the list.

Does this make any sense?

For fun, I also tried renaming the folder for the managermanager plugin (in assets/plugins) to see if that cleared anything up. It didn't.

I'm open to suggestions - and would be excited to have any.
                  • 1,613 Posts
                  did you check the source of frame?
                  maybe the tab is hidden?
                  did you made a new (admin) user (which has all roles) and logged in as it?
                  clean install should be fixing it would think..
                  dunno how big the site is, maybe rebuild as last option lipsrsealed
                    • 6 Posts
                    I just looked at the source code, and while I'm confident that the tab is hidden, it doesn't show up in the html. Is this what you meant by, "check the source of frame?"

I did try a new admin user and had the same results.

I suppose this means I have pulled in the problem either in the db or in the subfolders I copied over under assets, right?

I don't suppose there is any easy way to debug the MODX code, is there?

Thanks again, fourroses666, this is a very strange problem and I appreciate your insights.