We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    BTW, I believe MyComponent would transfer the elements for you if you either put all the elements in a new category (e.g., "TransferMe") and specified that category in the MC project config file, or if you listed all the element categories you want to transfer as part of the 'categories' array in the config file.

They could be transferred along with the resources if you like.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 42 Posts
      I allways use getresources + importx (Modx extra) to transfer resources to an other website.
      Its easy...

Make resource call like this on all resources you want to transfer:
      [[!getResources? &parents=`4` &tpl=`exportemplate` &includeTVs=`1` &tvPrefix=`` &depth=`1` &limit=`200` ]]
      (use te correct parent, or move the resources you wanted to export to a temp folder...)

The &tpl is like this:
      [[+pagetitle]];[[+longtitle]];[[+description]];[[+parent]];[[+template]],[[+alias]];[[+menutitle]];[[+introtext]];[[+content]];[[+templateVar1]];[[+templateVar2]];[[+templateVar3]];[[+templateVar4]];[[+templateVar5]];[[+templateVar6]];[[+templateVar7]];
      (use semicolon because importxuses this)

Put the getresource call in a page
      Set the page to content type to .txt
      Set the template to 'empty'

Visit the page, and copy the text. (A)

Install the Modx extra importX
      https://rtfm.modx.com/extras/revo/importx
      Put all fields correct in the first line like this: (must match exact)
      pagetitle;longtitle;description;parent;template;alias;menutitle;introtext;content;tv14;tv15;tv31;tv32;tv16;tv17; (B)

Paste the text you copied at (A) in the CSV field of imnportX. (first line is the line at B)

Start the import.

Ready....

(notice: modify the settings in ImportX concerning parent, published, etc...)