We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 13 Posts
    Hi,

Okay, I figure out my two previous issues and everything works just great. However, I have another small problem.

So, FURL is working great. On one page I have a simple jQuery tabs. The current tab is displayed block and others are none. I think I don't have to explain how jQuery tabs works, it is obvious.

So, when I'm linking to another page the code looks like this and that's great
    <a href="[[~3]]">[[+introtext]]</a>

And for example FURL looks like this www.mydomain.com/portfolio/

When I'm on that page and when I am clicking through the tabs I get this URL www.mydomain.com/portfolio#tab3/ which is fine. But on the home page I have links that I need to link to that page on specific tab, so I don't know how to add #tab3 to [[~3]]

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
    Deni
      • 24,544 Posts
      [[~3]]#tab3
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 13 Posts
        Hi BobRay,

Thank you for your response. But unfortunately, the first thing I tried was that and it doesn't work because FURL uses container suffix "/"

So, when I use this
        <a href="[[~3]]#tab3">[[+introtext]]</a>

I got this URL www.mydomain.com/portfolio/#tab3 and obviously it doesn't work.

Regards,
        Deni
          • 24,544 Posts
          You could try setting the container suffix to empty or designating the page as a non-container by unchecking the container box.

If that doesn't work, you could create a plugin attached to OnWebPagePrerender that would rewrite any href tags that contain anchor links.

My MODX Extras
            • 13 Posts
            BobRay,

Hmmm, I thought that this is going to be simple. I already remove container suffix and content type and it works, but I'm not sure if this kind of URLs are SEO friendly.

This is what URLs look like with container suffix and content type /
            www.mydomain.com/portfolio/

And this is what URLs look like without container suffix and content type /
            www.mydomain.com/portfolio

I have a lot of experience with ASP .net, but this is my first time with PHP. I always rewrite my URLs to be like in example #1, but then the tabs doesn't work. If I use example #2 everything is working properly, but I'm not sure if URLs are correct by SEO standards.

Best regards,
            Deni
              • 24,544 Posts
              I seriously doubt if leaving off the final slash will hurt you with SEO as long as the site is consistent (and having the anchors not work will hurt you a lot worse).
                My MODX Extras