We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    That looks great.

Stupid question: would that same theme be available with black text on white background? Hopefully, the theme is designed so that only two color values would have to be switched in the CSS.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 712 Posts
      Quote from: BobRay at Jul 25, 2016, 04:44 PM
      That looks great.

Stupid question: would that same theme be available with black text on white background? Hopefully, the theme is designed so that only two color values would have to be switched in the CSS.

Certainly possible, although that is basically what the "default" theme I am working on is anyways. The reason for white on black is apparently there are some conditions that make even solid black text on a white background illegible. The black fades into the whitespace.

I'm hoping that with MODX Next there isn't going to be one Manager. Or one theme. Or even one JS Framework.
        jpdevries
        • 712 Posts
        I've been rewriting the Eureka media browser and I've added support for High Contrast themes via the new CSS Properties. CSS Properties make integrating high contrast support into styles much easier, and also allow end users to customize the look and feel with very little knowledge of the CSS structure.

The themes use the high contrast media queries to automatically switched on based on the user agent (operating system preferences). There's screenshots, docs, and links to a demo here:
        https://github.com/jpdevries/eureka#-accessible-themes

I intend to submit a DRAFT to the MODX Advisory Board that would ensure that the next all-new MODX Manager (4.0) uses similar patterns for high contrast support.
          jpdevries