We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    I am newbe for MODx and have limited knowledge all together, but I did fine previously with some other CMS.
    Now, for the installation of Evo, I did all permission changes, etc. Deleted install folder after install anounced successfull and left everything as it was.
    Though, instead of the demo site, I see an error message (see below). Oh, yes and this page comes only up in Chrome. in all other browser I can simply see an "error".
    I deleted everything a few times and cleared the database, but this doesn't seems to have any affect.
    What do I wrong?

« MODX Parse Error »
    MODX encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »
    PHP error debug
    Error : set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons
    ErrorType[num] : WARNING[2]
    File : /var/www/virtual/pizzagmunden.at/htdocs/assets/snippets/ajaxSearch/classes/ajaxSearch.class.inc.php
    Line : 78
    Source : if(!ini_get('safe_mode')) set_time_limit($asCfg->cfg['timeLimit']);
    Basic info
    REQUEST_URI : /
    Resource : [1]Home
    Current Snippet : AjaxSearch
    Referer : http://pizzagmunden.at/manager/index.php?a=1&f=menu
    User Agent : Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.101 Safari/537.36
    IP : 80.99.197.43
    Benchmarks
    MySQL : 0.0039 s (2 Requests)
    PHP : 0.0156 s
    Total : 0.0195 s
    Memory : 0.78220367431641 mb

Backtrace
    1 DocumentParser->executeParser()
    index.php on line 140
    2 DocumentParser->prepareResponse()
    manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 1568
    3 DocumentParser->outputContent()
    manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 1673
    4 DocumentParser->parseDocumentSource()
    manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 582
    5 DocumentParser->evalSnippets()
    manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 1450
    6 DocumentParser->_get_snip_result()
    manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 1061
    7 DocumentParser->evalSnippet()
    manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 1147
    8 eval()
    manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 1005
    9 require()
    manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(1005) : eval()'d code on line 1
    10 AjaxSearch->run()
    assets/snippets/ajaxSearch/snippet.ajaxSearch.php on line 409
    11 set_time_limit()
    assets/snippets/ajaxSearch/classes/ajaxSearch.class.inc.php on line 78
    • The AjaxSearch snippet is attempting to set the PHP processing time limit, but your hosting provider has disabled that function. I think AjaxSearch will still work if you simply commented out that line in the assets/snippets/ajaxSearch/classes/ajaxSearch.class.inc.php file at line 78.
      //if(!ini_get('safe_mode')) set_time_limit($asCfg->cfg['timeLimit']);

Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
        • 3 Posts
        Thanks for responding fast!
        I already tried this option yesterday and the difference was only the "error" vanished. The demo page or site or whatever should have been there not appearing, just a blank screen.
        • Quote from: shakes at Oct 29, 2013, 12:22 AM

Though, instead of the demo site, I see an error message (see below). Oh, yes and this page comes only up in Chrome. in all other browser I can simply see an "error".

Full error messages are only shown if the user is logged into the MODX Backend.

A blank page on frontend is difficult to debug. Could you get a PHP log from that moment? Which PHP are you using?
            • 3 Posts
            Problem solved.

I deleted the line 78 from the given php file. Commenting the line was not enough.