We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 138 Posts
    Hi all,

I have my own custom theme, but since then, reply buttons are not working anymore.

Should I had anything to my metas (js file for ex) to make it work ?

Thanks

Webdesigner and musician.
      • 167 Posts
      Quote from: carlo_13 at Oct 25, 2013, 07:57 PM
      Hi all,

I have my own custom theme, but since then, reply buttons are not working anymore.

Thanks

I have the same problem with MODX 2.6.1 with my custom theme and the default theme.
      The placeholder actionlink_reply in \themes\audiomovies\pages\thread\index.tpl didn't return anything.
      Did you finf a solution to fix it ?
        MODX lover
        -
        Développeur MODX / Webdesign / Solutions web
        • 138 Posts
        Quote from: johnxx at Feb 22, 2018, 04:43 PM
        Quote from: carlo_13 at Oct 25, 2013, 07:57 PM
        Hi all,

Thanks

I have the same problem with MODX 2.6.1 with my custom theme and the default theme.
        The placeholder actionlink_reply in \themes\audiomovies\pages\thread\index.tpl didn't return anything.
        Did you finf a solution to fix it ?

Hey.

First advice:

There are two defaults themes to duplicate, I think one in assets another in component I think ( you should check that)

Second advice:

Don't use Discuss....
          Webdesigner and musician.
          • 1,154 Posts
          So just after installation the buttons didn't work? Or when putting in your own theme they stopped working?

Also, which reply buttons aren't working? At the top, or at the bottom?

The reply buttons are in the various tpl files, They would only stop working, I think, if you messed with the js files.

Years ago I did have a problem with making a new post, the buttons for "Discussion" "Question" were a bit mis-placed... [ed. note: nuan88 last edited this post 6 years, 2 months ago.]