We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 315 Posts
    I know this is an old section and there has been nothing in it for a while but I have searched and tried to find an answer for this but have come up with nothing.

I want to send a copy to the person who completes the form. My snippet looks like this:

[[eForm? &debug=`1` &formid=`form` &tpl=`form` &report=`form_Report` &to=`[email protected]` &cc=`((user.email))` &subject=`Form`]]

The CC field gets populated with an email address through webLoginPE snippet and when used on the page as [+user.email+] it displays correctly.

The debug information shows the email address in CC but when the form is submitted the email only goes to the TO recipient. If I change the CC parameter in the snippet to a fixed email address it works correctly and the email is received where it should be.

I've checked where I can and for what I have seen the dynamic email address is getting into the program correctly it's just not making it into the mail->to side of things but I can't find out why.

Does any one have an answer?

Thanks.
      BBloke
    • The brackets around the placeholder are only useful for filling the mail subject with submitted form fields.

A probably solution depends a bit at which place you are generating the [+user.email+] placeholder. If it is generated outside of eForm template chunk you just have to use &cc=`[+user.email+]` in my opinion. The placeholder should be generated before the eForm call is worked.

Second solution is needed if you are generating the placeholder in the form template chunk. Then the form field email has to get the value [+user.email+] and &ccsender=`1` or &autotext=`xxx` has to be used (xxx = chunk for mail template - could be different than the normal mail template chunk).

Hope that helps.
      Jako
        • 315 Posts
        Quote from: Jako at Oct 29, 2013, 09:26 PM
        The brackets around the placeholder are only useful for filling the mail subject with submitted form fields.

A probably solution depends a bit at which place you are generating the [+user.email+] placeholder. If it is generated outside of eForm template chunk you just have to use &cc=`[+user.email+]` in my opinion. The placeholder should be generated before the eForm call is worked.

Second solution is needed if you are generating the placeholder in the form template chunk. Then the form field email has to get the value [+user.email+] and &ccsender=`1` or &autotext=`xxx` has to be used (xxx = chunk for mail template - could be different than the normal mail template chunk).

Hope that helps.
        Jako

Thanks Jako,

From what I've tested the email address is generated before eForm is fired and created as the email address makes it into the eForm code and particularly the part relating to creating the email. It's a mystery for sure but it's not mission critical and will therefore leave it be as one of those foibles that doesn't want to play ball.

Cheers,

BBloke
          BBloke