We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,613 Posts
    I also did an install of miniShop2 and as far as I have seen it works pritty nice.
    Would really be a good thing if some of the "lacking" points can be implemented.

At the moment I don't need Gateways or VAT so this will fit very good.
    Wonder what the future will bring.

Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley
    • We used to use Lemonstand but they are killing version 1 and version 2 is hosted only with outrageous pricing based on inventory (at least at prices our clients would not pay).
      We have currently settled on CS Cart for the eCommerce end of thing and of course MODX for content. It has some nice multilingual features.

No eCommerce system is as nice as MODX (at least that I've run into). A fully featured eCommerce module within MODX would be the killer module for it. But eCommerce is an entire world on it's own and building a standout module would be extremely time consuming and take many hours of development.

eCommerce systems are lacking on the CMS side and CMS's are lacking on the eCommerce side. Whichever CMS/CMF marries the 2 will be very popular.
        • 1,613 Posts
        Yup really don't like the monthly cost of Lemonstand.
        While CS Cart is pritty fast I prefer Magento.

After all these years of modx to bad there isn't any good/extended modx ecommerce solution yet sad
        In the mean time I will follow the miniShop2 progress. Hope it will get maxi in future smiley
          • 175 Posts
          stalemate resolution associate Reply #14, 10 years ago
          Quote from: fourroses666 at Mar 24, 2014, 11:40 PM
          After all these years of modx to bad there isn't any good/extended modx ecommerce solution yet sad

I think the problem is that everyone wants one but so far getting into details of what it would look like seems to be a problem. I tried to start a thread on this almost a year ago (http://forums.modx.com/thread/?thread=83712), and there was more discussion of the desire to have one in Cologne, but since then, I haven't seen much of anything in terms of trying to get a solution that would satisfy everyone.

Regards,
          Tom
            • 1,613 Posts
            Would take many years to start a new shop in modx, as you listed in the old post there are some options and to me it looks like miniShop2 is the best option.
              • 241 Posts
              Another possible alternative to building a new e-com module for ModX is to integrate existing applications. After an exhaustive research we've settled on PrestaShop. It's a full featured ecommerce platform with scores of plugins and an active community without the bloat and performance issues of Magento. Presta comes with an extensive API which could be used to integrate with MODx.
              I'd be curious to hear from the experts as to the feasability of such an integration.
                • 1,613 Posts
                ps. Just checked out Prestashop and didn't know it was that good smiley