We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 48 Posts
    Hi,

i'd like to implement front-end tabs to modx website.
    their content should be easily editable via Manager (without confusing editor with some markup) and at the same time they should be searchable in front end (e.g. if some keyword is found on one of tabs on the same page the link from search results page should bring me to the correct tab on correct page = tabs should be switchable via url or so).

so far i'm using special container and each resource under this container = 1 tab (so content is easily editable without complicated markup)
    then the page which should contain the tabs has getResources call and uses tpl & tplFirst templates to create markup = DIVs structure of tabbed content which is fetched from above mentioned container via ID.
    so far it looks fine in front-end and is easily editable via Manager.
    the problem is with the search. on the search results page the results found on specific tab are apparently linked to resource under special container rather than to the page which holds the tabs.

so please if you know about some straightforward way of creating searchable tabbed content or to solve the issue described aboveplease let me know

thank you in advance
    kr
      MODX Revolution 2.2.8-pl (advanced)

Extras:
      archivist 1.2.4 | Articles 1.7.1 | Babel 2.2.5 | getpage 1.2.3 | getresources 1.6.0 | quip 2.3.3 | SimpleSearch 1.6.1 | taglister 1.1.7 | TinyMCE 4.3.3 | Wayfinder 2.3.3

PHP Version 5.6.20-0
      MySQL Version 5.5.31