We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 129 Posts
    I have been experiencing a weird error every now and then. The page that previously worked fine would suddenly start loading only the copy within the default "content" TV. All of the other TVs are no shows. When I go to the manager and look at the document everything is in place, all the TVs have their values showing.

If I make one change (something to trigger the save button) and then save it, everything resumes working just fine.

I first noticed it when I was doing a practice run for moving the new design from the development to a live server. I wrote it off to something going wrong during the move (used VAPOR and Package Manager).

But then it has since then happened on the development server as well, so I am thinking that it wasn't the move itself.

edit - It happened again after I posted this and I looked at the source (forgot to do so earlier) and all that is there is the contents of the default content TV, no template, no other values (perhaps due to lack of a template). But once again save the page in edit mode and everything works again.

Any ideas of what may be doing this and how to avoid it in the future. Would hate for it to happen while prospective customers are visiting the website. [ed. note: mrcycling last edited this post 10 years, 7 months ago.]
      Pedalers Bicycle Tours my website forged with MODX
      vandergraaf-M static website generator for MODX
      • 24,544 Posts
      What version of MODX?
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 129 Posts
        The latest Revo 2.2.9-pl

Only a couple of packages, Articles and Wayfinder
        • How does the same resource behave in a different browser? One that you aren't logged into the manager with?
            Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
            • 129 Posts
            When the template was making a no show, I saw the same results (ie just the content) when viewing the test website with my tablet (not logged into the manager). Also someone else working on another aspect of the website also noticed the missing template syndrome, though I am not sure if they were logged into the manager at that time(and they are another part of the world from me).

• Is it only the one resource that does this? Try this, make a new resource, set the template, paste the contents and tv contents. Don't duplicate the resource.

Does the new one work 100% of the time?
                "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
                • 129 Posts
                Nope it was different resources at different times.
                • Time to try a clean reinstall of MODX. Log out, clear the core/cache files, upload a new clean .zip of 2.2.9 in your file manager (cPanel or other). Extract the zip file on the server itself (no FTP). Copy/merge the files into the install root. Run setup in the browser, select "upgrade". Log back in.

Still same issue?
                    • 129 Posts
                    Actually when I first noticed the problem, I had used Vapor to export the new website and then imported it onto a new MODX install. Perhaps Vapor contributed, but not sure. But the issue has showed in both the original developement website and the newly installed one (different domain, but same physical server). Compounding the issue is that the problem is intermittent, so any tests don't return a quick result.

I also did check with my hosting provider in regard to maybe a MySQL issue, but they don't see any issues or errors there.