We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 20 Posts
    Hello:

We have an old version of MODx evo that I am trying to get updated (at least to latest evo, hopefully revo).

There's been a lot of trouble with doing any kind of upgrade, always ending in a blank white page, so I decided to attempt a fresh revo install. The same result, blank white page after install. I can get into the manager but trying to create a new document or do almost anything opens up the menu and a large white area.

Specs:

Apache/PHP/MySQL
    Apache: 2.2.24
    PHP: 5.3.23
    MySQL: (server installed) 5.1.62-r1]
    MySQL: (client API) 5.1.67
    MySQLi: (client API) 5.1.67
    PDO: 5.1.67

I've checked permissions, even tested with 777, no change. Any thoughts? [ed. note: dageyra last edited this post 10 years, 7 months ago.]
      • 20 Posts
      I went through the server requirements http://rtfm.modx.com/revolution/2.x/getting-started/server-requirements more carefully to be sure all the requirements were met. AFAIK they are. I'm pulling all specs from phpInfo, which I can provide access. Config command below (built by Gentoo). Nothing seems to appear in the error_log of apache.

'./configure' '--prefix=/usr' '--build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' '--host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--prefix=/usr/lib64/php5.3' '--mandir=/usr/lib64/php5.3/man' '--infodir=/usr/lib64/php5.3/info' '--libdir=/usr/lib64/php5.3/lib' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--without-pear' '--enable-maintainer-zts' '--disable-bcmath' '--with-bz2' '--disable-calendar' '--enable-ctype' '--with-curl' '--without-curlwrappers' '--enable-dom' '--without-enchant' '--disable-exif' '--enable-fileinfo' '--enable-filter' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gettext' '--without-gmp' '--enable-hash' '--without-mhash' '--with-iconv' '--disable-intl' '--enable-ipv6' '--enable-json' '--without-kerberos' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-mcrypt' '--without-mssql' '--with-onig=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-openssl-dir=/usr' '--disable-pcntl' '--enable-phar' '--enable-pdo' '--without-pgsql' '--enable-posix' '--with-pspell' '--without-recode' '--enable-simplexml' '--disable-shmop' '--without-snmp' '--enable-soap' '--enable-sockets' '--without-sqlite' '--without-sqlite3' '--without-sybase-ct' '--disable-sysvmsg' '--disable-sysvsem' '--disable-sysvshm' '--without-tidy' '--enable-tokenizer' '--disable-wddx' '--enable-xml' '--disable-xmlreader' '--disable-xmlwriter' '--without-xmlrpc' '--with-xsl' '--disable-zip' '--with-zlib' '--disable-debug' '--without-cdb' '--without-db4' '--disable-flatfile' '--without-gdbm' '--disable-inifile' '--without-qdbm' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-t1lib=/usr' '--disable-gd-jis-conv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--without-xpm-dir' '--with-gd' '--with-imap' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--without-pdo-dblib' '--with-pdo-mysql=/usr' '--without-pdo-pgsql' '--without-pdo-sqlite' '--without-pdo-odbc' '--with-readline' '--without-libedit' '--without-mm' '--with-pic' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-pcre-dir=/usr' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/php/apache2-php5.3' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php/apache2-php5.3/ext-active' '--disable-embed' '--disable-cli' '--disable-cgi' '--disable-fpm' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs' 
        • 20 Posts
        I found this site: http://bobsguides.com/modx-installation-faq.html

It talked about compress_js and setting it to 0 with weird problems. I did this, cleared cache, now the manager loads properly and I found that the homepage is blank by default. Seems strange, couldn't it default with some content?

What is the compress_js about? Do I need something to get it to work?
        • The compress_css and compress_js settings can cause problems on some servers. You would need to check for an error when those functions are being called to resolve the problem.

There isn't a set list of install ___ and configure ___ to fix the problem, as it seems to vary by the server.
            Patrick | Server Wrangler
            About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting