We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 48 Posts
    Hi

i've tested it and seems that it does not. however i'm asking to be 100% sure because i've spotted this:
    #26 Fix critical issue handling static resources.

in change logs.
    but it probably relates exclusively to static resources ... sad

what's the best practice to version static elements (templates etc.)?

thank you in advance
    kr
      MODX Revolution 2.2.8-pl (advanced)

Extras:
      archivist 1.2.4 | Articles 1.7.1 | Babel 2.2.5 | getpage 1.2.3 | getresources 1.6.0 | quip 2.3.3 | SimpleSearch 1.6.1 | taglister 1.1.7 | TinyMCE 4.3.3 | Wayfinder 2.3.3

PHP Version 5.6.20-0
      MySQL Version 5.5.31
    • It will only version static elements when they are changed via the manager; it does not monitor the actual files for changes.

Personally I use git to version static elements.
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • 48 Posts
        Quote from: markh at Sep 27, 2013, 07:46 PM
        It will only version static elements when they are changed via the manager; it does not monitor the actual files for changes.

Personally I use git to version static elements.

Thank you for answer Mark,

if you manage static elements by git how do you achieve that they are not editable via Manager? or is it just your rule of thumb that you don't edit them that way?

kr.

Extras:
          archivist 1.2.4 | Articles 1.7.1 | Babel 2.2.5 | getpage 1.2.3 | getresources 1.6.0 | quip 2.3.3 | SimpleSearch 1.6.1 | taglister 1.1.7 | TinyMCE 4.3.3 | Wayfinder 2.3.3

PHP Version 5.6.20-0
          MySQL Version 5.5.31
        • I just don't edit them that way tongue

Though on a local install, I can typically edit static elements via the manager as that will update the file, and then in my IDE (PhpStorm) it will show up as having been changed. But I typically just edit in PhpStorm and MODX will pick up on the changes, instead of the other way around.
            Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
            • 48 Posts
            understood. thanks for explaining smiley
            i'd like to make it a little bit foolproof - to not allow editing via Manager.
            i'm using just notepad++ so it does not show any changes if done directly on the server.

or have to give PhpStorm a try probably and change from svn to git if is not supported smiley

Extras:

PHP Version 5.6.20-0
              MySQL Version 5.5.31