We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 35 Posts
    I can tell that the tagManager add-on would be perfect for my product web site, but the fact that the documentation is in Russian is frustrating my ability to figure out how to use it. I have Google translated everything I can find about it into English, but it's still not enough for me to see how to apply it to my project.

Is there anyone here who can explain in English how to configure it to the point that it makes sense? I don't plan on using the Russian Shopkeeper add-on with it -- just fairly straightforward MODX concepts and add-ons.

Huge thanks for any pointers.

Regards,
    watou
      • 433 Posts
      I would be very interested in an explanation in English as well! Also for using this addon without Shopkeeper, just with MODX resources. I played with the addon a little, but can't get my head around it. @Watou2, did you get any further?
        • 35 Posts
        Hi Michelle,

I did get a little further, but I upgraded it and it stopped working as far as I'd taken it before the upgrade, with basically no common language with the developers to sort out the new issue. I had it enumerating all of the possible values for given TVs in the left column on listing-of-products pages. Even just that was of some value, but the goal is to get all the way to repopulating the page via AJAX with the ticked/checked criteria. I would still like to use it because it seems like a great solution. I had even joined their Russian-language forum site to ask about it, but again the language barrier was dizzyingly high.

I would like to be able to give you encouragement to dig further into it, but when every bit of text in the code is in Russian, I had to back away and turn to less speculative tasks. Best of luck if you dive in!

watou
          • 433 Posts
          Hi Watou, thanks for your update. Yeah the language is a real problem here. Google Translate didn't help me much either, although it did give me some really funny translations (from Russian to Dutch) ;-).
          Hat's off to you that you even joined the Russian forums to ask in Russian!

Well I think I'll see if I can get what I want in another way, if not I might dive in after all.
          • I've been trying to get this working today too but without any luck - have you guys made any progress yet?
              MODX Ambassador for Thailand. Managing Director at Monogon, a web design and development studio based in Bangkok, Thailand. - Follow me on Twitter.
              • 433 Posts
              Hi Adam, no I didn't use it at the end, got a little frustrated after a while and decided to leave it for now ;-)