We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hey, folks!

I recently enabled the Articles post to Twitter functionality and used the URL provided in the Articles Advanced settings under Notifications, which takes you Twitter to authorise posting.

I tested creating an article which posted to Twitter fine, then I disabled it. I have since enabled it again but the authorisation link has disappeared and I now cannot authorise Articles posting to Twitter.

Has anyone else come across this issue and able to advise how I may resolve this?

Thanks a lot in advance, guys!

Cheers

Tom [ed. note: tom_ireland last edited this post 10 years, 8 months ago.]
      • 65 Posts
      I imagine this functionality was impacted by Twitter's recent release of v1.1 of their API in early August 2013. This release modifies authentication requirements and is probably why its not working for you. I'd suggest reading into this release and determine an appropriate alternative. I haven't made my rounds yet to update my own existing uses of Twitter API, so I can't offer much advise on how to fix your specific use.
      • Thanks, bud. Sorry for the late reply. I haven't had chance to read into the release yet, but if I do find a solution to the problem, I'll be sure to post back and let you know.

Cheers

Tom