We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 35 Posts
    When logged into the backend as admin but site_status is off, I can still see the site. That's great.

I went through BobRay's helpful guide for creating manager users

http://bobsguides.com/creating-manager-users.html

and verified that the new user I created can login and the three context access permissions I switched off (access_permissions, element_tree and file_tree) have taken proper effect.

However, the view_offline permission is enabled (checked) but it does not have the desired effect of being able to see the site when site_status is off. The admin user, when logged into the backend, is properly able to see the site even when it is in offline mode. This is 2.2.8-pl (traditional).

I've searched for references to this issue and can't find any. Does anyone have any knowledge of this and what I can do to work around it?

Many thanks,
    watou
    • I just tested this and it is working as expected. Can you confirm you have the view_offline permission in a policy assigned to the Context the editor is attempting to view? This must be attached to the 'web' Context in order for those users to be able to view the 'web' Context offline.
        • 35 Posts
        Thank you very much for checking this. That was indeed the issue -- I did not have the "EditorAdmin" access policy assigned for the web context in the "Editors" group; only for the mgr context. All I had to do was check which access policies were set for the Administrators group and make the Editors group parallel that setup.

Much appreciated!

watou