We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    Installed an existing work in progress site on a new PC as current PC acting up. Win7, WAMP 2.1, PHP 5.2.6, Apache 2.2.17, Mysql 5.1.36 same as other set up. Using IE10 instead of IE8 as on first PC... this is the only difference I can see.
    On new PC, created DB and imported content from the old PHPmyadmin export, all went fine. Site previews great, and I can see all the files/folders in manager but not the site tree pages, I get a "Please wait while Modx loads page" which doesn't stop. Also noticed that the elements are shown in a list style not on tabs as in the orig. install. Note: the WAMP is also a new install so perhaps the problem is there. Has anyone seen this problem? Any suggestions? Install issue or huh Help appreciated. Mod x 1.0.5

This question has been answered by jawhite48. See the first response.

• 21 Posts
      I found many differences using WAMPP compared to the live server, and I switched to XAMPP for that reason. But have you tried another browser? I would try that first.
        • 712 Posts
        Sounds like connectors and/or assets are throwing errors. Do any errors show in the browser inspector such a JavaScript errors or XHR requests?
          jpdevries
          • 7 Posts
          Quote from: dinocorn at Aug 07, 2013, 06:22 AM
          Sounds like connectors and/or assets are throwing errors. Do any errors show in the browser inspector such a JavaScript errors or XHR requests?

None of these occurred, looks like a browser problem, IE 10 doesn't like Mod X pr PHPmyadmin

thank you. [ed. note: jawhite48 last edited this post 10 years, 8 months ago.]
          • discuss.answer
            • 7 Posts
            Quote from: willyps at Aug 06, 2013, 11:42 PM
            I found many differences using WAMPP compared to the live server, and I switched to XAMPP for that reason. But have you tried another browser? I would try that first.

Thank you for pointing the direction! I had not yet installed firefox on this PC to try it, I did and part of the issue solved. You may be interested..I did not mention it in my cry for help, that also in PHPmyadmin none of the site tabs would work after I first imported the site. Tried to import again and only got a blank page, it appears to me that IE 10 also has a problem with that PHP program as well. All problems in IE 10 seemed go when compatibility mode is used.

My next issue is that now I can not log into manager! "Install/update on this site was executed, please log in again"... Don't know what happened, Looks like I'll have to re install the site from scratch.
            Thank you again.