We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hi,
    I've got FormItBuilder to generate a few forms and send the data on email. I'd like the data to be saved to a mySQL database so I can show / edit the data at a later time. I'd also like the client to be able to login and edit their information.

I've seen a few options such as FormIt2db / db2FormIt and FormSave that work with FormIt but nothing for FormItBuilder. Is there an addon that works with ForItBuilder and can create the mySQL db?

I'm not a coder or developer, I rely on finding sample code that I can adjust, trial and error. Any advice, sample code or questions that could help would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
    Grant
      • 5,888 Posts
      you can save forms with formit2db and create a CMP with MIGXdb to manage the form-subissions.
      Not sure, how this is working together with formitBuilder, but I think it should.

There is also migxFormbuilder, which does this all in one.

Build Forms, also multipage-forms are possible within the included CMP.
      Generate the form and needed formit-calls with bloX (example-chunks included).
      Manage the form-submissions with the included CMP.(Filter by formnames, export to CSV, print-view for formSubmissions)

https://github.com/Bruno17/migxFormbuilder

you will need to have MIGX, bloX and Formit installed.
      there's no Docu, yet and there's still some work todo before official releasing it.
      But its working allready well on some off my installations and you can get the idea, how you can combine MIGX, bloX and Formit for a working formbuilder.
        -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
        • 2 Posts
        Hey Bruno, this is too advanced for me. I need a more plug and play solution or I need someone who can do the installation to the point of using for me. I'm willing to pay. All I need to do is save the data entered in my forms to a database and be able to display, edit and delete as required by an administrator and the end user. Can you or anyone else do this?