We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 20 Posts
    I have one page www.rpl.org/?id=395 that works perfectly as an RSS feed. So I wanted to use it as the basis for a separate RSS feed. Yet when literally the only changes I made were to duplicate the page and publish the duplicate http://www.rpl.org/index.php?id=1016 I get:

error on line 2 at column 6: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document

Looking at the source I see that MODx is insisting on sticking extra tags (<html> and <body>) despite those appearing nowhere in my code

Since I literally made no other changes, I'm a bit stymied on this. Any light anyone can shed would be nice. [ed. note: cdm014 last edited this post 10 years, 9 months ago.]
      • 20 Posts
      I had the same problem when I used phpmyadmin and duplicated the row in modx_site_content (I didn't duplicate the id of course)
        • 20 Posts
        Solved my problem. To track clicks to links leading offsite I had a plugin that rewrote external links (sending the link as a parameter to a redirect script which did the tracking. Something about the way that script works messes up the XML file. Excluding the doc id from the redirect script solved it.