We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    modx Version: 2.2.8
    SimpleSearch Version: 1.6.1

We use SimpleSearch for a website. It finds too much.
    Example: We feature artist, every artist is a document in a folder. The profile page of an artists show all artist names (submenu).
    The submenu is done with WayFinder or getResources (doesn't matter, no difference). Call is located in the template.
    The search about the artist "Esteban" will result in a list of every single artist profile (i think because of the submenu list).

How can we tell SimpleSearch not to index the text of the Submenu?

• If you uncheck "is searchable" in the settings tab of the resource, does that help? I've never tried, sorry if it's not what you need.

Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 4 Posts
        Quote from: frogabog at Jul 09, 2013, 08:14 AM
        If you uncheck "is searchable" in the settings tab of the resource, does that help? I've never tried, sorry if it's not what you need.

I need all resources to be searchable, because a resource should be found, if the searchword hits the content or pagetitle. But the problem is, that a resource will be found, even if the searchword is not in the content. And there is no possibility to tag a chunk as "not searchable".
        • Right, makes sense.

Have you looked at the posthook? Maybe modify the snippet to use the resource fields?

http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/SimpleSearch.Faceted+Search+Through+PostHooks
            Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
            • 4 Posts
            Ok, i'll check it out. I will let you know, if it fitted my needs. Thank you.
              • 4 Posts
              The PostHook didn't help. But i do not remember, why. Perhaps i was to dumb smiley

Today i updated to 1.8.1 and everything is fine now. smiley