We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    Hi guys, please dont flame, I'm completely new to CMS's. I've installed modx to my server, and logged in to the manager, but regardless of what I choose in the top bar, the site remains white, except for the bar at the top. Am I doing something wrong? I've tried on safari, chrome and friefox, and they all do the same. If there's any other info you may need, please let me know. I've had a look at the quick start documentation, but cant get started.
      • 5 Posts
      PHP version: Software version: 5.1.68-cll-lve - MySQL Community Server (GPL)

operating system:not sure what operating system the server runs on.

Databases:
      MySQL 5.1.68-cII-Ive
      I havent got any databases on yet, except for the one created by modx

MODx: MODX Revolution 2.2.8-pl (traditional)
      It's a clean install, I havent made any changes or installed any plugins.

Browser: as mentioned, tried chrome, firefox and safari(also updated flash, if that has any influence)
        • 5 Posts
        I've now tried it on PC as well, windows 7 w/ firefox. still nothing. where am I missing something?
          • 5 Posts
          ok, fixed. reinstalled it manually (original install was automatic from cpanel/ softolicious)
          • This is usually because the server doesn't consistently support css and js compression.

Go to System/System Settings and in the filter type CSS and press Enter/Return.

Right click on the property called "Use Compressed CSS" and set it to No.

For Javascript search for js and do the same for the "Use Compressed JavaScript Libraries".

We find when set to yes that this sort of behaviour is intermittent but setting to No eliminates it entirely.

I believe it has something to do with a server's Suhosin settings.
              • 5 Posts
              Thank you rx2, during the reinstall it mentioned the js compression issue, and mentioned that the suhosin settings was lower than 4096. I have no idea how to set it though, is the compression important?