We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 40 Posts
    I'm trying Cliche because it seems simple, neat and elegant - apart from the fact that I can't get it to work. Yes I've read the instructions at http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/Cliche several times but I'm missing something potentially very obvious.

The installation instructions are as follows:

• Install the component via the Package Manager.
    • Reload the page
    • Select Cliche under Components main menu
    • Create an Album and upload some images
    • Use the Cliche snippet to display your Albums

I've done the above and as my snippet call, I've used a very basic
    [[!Cliche]]

The thumbnails of the album list appears as you can see here
    http://www.spinalmedchiropractic.com.au/test.html
    but when you click on an album thumbnail, I'm assuming it should display a list of image thumbnails within that album. The address it tries to access is something like this
    http://www.spinalmedchiropractic.com.au/test.html?view=album&cid=1
    however, all I get there is

[Cliche] Album not specified

If I change the snippet call to view the images in a specific album

[[!Cliche? &id=`1` &view=`album` ]]

that works fine. I just need to get the album thumbnails to perform this call when I click on it! I've tried setting up Cliche on a couple of sites running MODX 2.2.7 and 2.2.8 but have the same issue on both.

I'm sure it's something pretty basic that I'm missing, and any help would be appreciated!
      Creative Director - Throwstone Web Design Melbourne
    • Anything in the logs?
        • 40 Posts
        Quote from: Everettg_99 at Jun 25, 2013, 03:51 AM
        Anything in the logs?

No. Error log is blank.
          Creative Director - Throwstone Web Design Melbourne
        • PHP logs? And MODX logs? This is probably something for the package's author.
            • 28 Posts
            Hi,

Maybe a bit late now but I have just started trying Cliche and got the same error.

I believe I've tracked it down to the fact that the browse parameter is not actually getting initialised correctly. The documentation says it defaults to 1 whereas I don't believe it is getting set at all. If you explicitly set &browse=`1` it should work - well it did for me.

[[!Cliche?
                &view=`albums`
                &browse=`1`
            ]]

I hope it's not too late for you as Cliche seems a nice photo extra.
              • 7 Posts
              Hi,

I can confirm this behavior:

I was just experimenting with Cliche (cliche-1.1.0-RC1) today and I also had this problem: displaying a single album worked, but overview of images did not work: after clicking on the album, nothing would happen.

After using your suggestion (appending the parameter &browse=`1`) it started working.

Cliche is very well executed, definitely something I would consider for my projects.

Wouter

Quote from: apcherry at Dec 21, 2013, 04:49 PM
              Hi,

Maybe a bit late now but I have just started trying Cliche and got the same error.

I believe I've tracked it down to the fact that the browse parameter is not actually getting initialised correctly. The documentation says it defaults to 1 whereas I don't believe it is getting set at all. If you explicitly set &browse=`1` it should work - well it did for me.

[[!Cliche?
                  &view=`albums`
                  &browse=`1`
              ]]

I hope it's not too late for you as Cliche seems a nice photo extra.