We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 40 Posts
    I've migrated a website (MODX 2.1.3) to a new server and everything appears to be ok except that all images related to Gallery 1.3.0 take an incredibly long time to load. You can view a small sample album here http://www.standrews.vic.edu.au/2012-gallery.html&galAlbum=99

I then tried to upgrade the Gallery to 1.5.2 but I get a lot of error messages similar to:
    Skipping vehicle object of class modSystemSetting (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [key] => gallery.backend_thumb_far )

This would then break my current Gallery 1.3.0 installation and I'm left with no gallery, not even a slow one. Reinstalling the previous version won't work as similar errors result.

Things I've tried (in no particular order):
    • Upgrading the site to MODX 2.2.8 first then upgrading Gallery but no luck. Same errors.
    • Cleared core/cache contents before upgrading Gallery
    • Recursively changed permissions of all Gallery folders to 777
    • Force Removed the Gallery plugin then redownloaded and install. No success.

I've deleted the entire site and database and started over a few times. Currently it's as described in my opening sentence - running MODX 2.1.3 and a very slow Gallery 1.3.0. I don't mind sticking with the current versions if I can get the images to load at a normal rate, or I'm happy to upgrade MODX and/or Gallery. I just can't seem to do either and any help would be appreciated!

The server is running:
    • Apache 2.2.24
    • PHP 5.3.25
    • MySQL 5.5.31-cll
    and currently hosts around 50 other MODX sites many of which use Gallery with no problems.
      Creative Director - Throwstone Web Design Melbourne