We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24 Posts
    I updated from EVO 1.0.8 to 1.0.10 a few weeks ago. I didn't notice right away, but the two forms I have on my site no longer work. The last email I received from the forms was on the day of the upgrade. I have eForm v1.4.4.7. The forms display OK, but when a user clicks on submit, nothing happens except that the page reloads the blank form. Validation is not occurring because invalid or missing mandatory fields do not result in an error - just the blank form reloading. Can anyone help me with how to troubleshoot and fix this?

This question has been answered by multiple community members. See the first response.

• 1,613 Posts
      should work, did you try to test a new form yet, checked different browsers and is the &formid correct? That mostly happens when formid isn't the same

[!eForm? 
      &formid=`contactFormId` 
      &to=`[email protected]`
      &from=`[email protected]`
      &fromname=`Name here`
      &ccsender=`1`
      &subject=`Contactform`
      &tpl=`contactFormTpl`
      &report=`contactFormReport`
      &thankyou=`contactFormThx`
      &postOverides=`1` 
      &reportAbuse=`1`
      !]

<input type="hidden" name="formid" value="contactFormId" />
        Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley
        • 24 Posts
        thanks for the input. Sorry for the delayed response but I was on vacation recently.

I double checked the formid and it all appears correct. Tried it in both Firefox and IE - no luck.

Here's the code I'm using:
        [!eForm? &formid=`contactusForm` &subject=`Contact_Us from [+email+]` &tpl=`eContactUsForm` &report=`eContactUsReport` &to=`[email protected]` &from=`[+email+]` !]
        the form chunk is as follows:
        [+validationmessage+]
        <form method="post" action="[~[*id*]~]" enctype="multipart/form-data">
        <input type="hidden" name="formid" value="contactusForm" />

This is one of two similar forms. Both worked prior to the update and now both do not.
        • discuss.answer
          • 24 Posts
          I tried creating a new form using the example in the documentation. It worked! That means there was something different about my forms from the example. After try all kinds of changes to my forms, I finally found a solution. Both of my eform calls were on resources marked as containers which had the thank you pages in them. I deleted the thank you pages and unchecked the container box on each form page. The forms now work! I had to add the &thankyou parameter to my eform code to replace the thankyou page i deleted.

I have no idea why this works but I won't argue with success.
            • 24 Posts
            Ok, I thought everything was working but I now have a new problem. The form does submit and an email is sent, however, the email From address is blank and the subject does not include the senders email address. The eform call is:
            [!eForm? &formid=`contactusForm` &subject=`Contact_Us from [+email+]` &tpl=`eContactUsForm` &report=`eContactUsReport` &to=`myemail@mydomain` &from=`[+email+]` &thankyou=`contactusFormThx` !]

Can anyone explain why the tag [+email+] is not returning the email address?
            • discuss.answer
              Use &subject=`Contact_Us from ((email))`
              • &from=`[+email+]` won't work because [+email+] is not set outside of eForm.

And if it would work, the mail would not be sent on most servers, because most servers restrict 'from' to hostnames managed with that server.

You should change &from=`[+email+]` to &replyto=`email` and your answers to the mail received would be sent to the email address filled in form.
                  • 24 Posts
                  Jako:
                  I really appreciate your help. Changing from [+email+] to ((email)) is working great even for the &from parameter. I guess my mail server doesn't mind.