We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!

Answered 1.1.7 can't save

• 370 Posts
    Hi,

I uninstalled 1.1.6, removed the package and then reinstalled 1.1.7 to start with the cleanest slate possible.
    Now i can't save new events. When i hit the save button nothing happens. Anyone else have this?

Rdg

This question has been answered by charless. See the first response.

[ed. note: charless last edited this post 10 years, 9 months ago.]
      • 370 Posts
      Ok I managed to get it working.
      It seems the database doesn't get updated running the update. I DROPPED all MxCalender tables form the Db and reinstalled.
      Now i can save
        • 255 Posts
        I have similar issue with this as well as categories not displaying in the manager or listing on the front end. I will attempt the total removal including tables from db and see if that does it.
        • discuss.answer
          The version 1.1.7-pl had an installer error on tables, the version 1.1.8-pl has the proper fix during install to correct the tables as needed. Then the most recent version 1.1.9-pl does not have any alterations to the database. I'd first recommend un-install version 1.1.9-pl back to version 1.1.8-pl then run the Reinstall for that version.

Should that not resolve the issue you can place the following code in the mxcalendar snippet on line #13 before all the default properties are set to fix the tables as needed in any of the versions (1.1.7-pl through 1.1.9-pl) to fix. Then simply view any resource with the mxcalendar snippet call then remove the added lines and you should be all set.

$m = $modx->getManager();
                      $m->alterField('mxCalendarEvents','categoryid');
                      $m->addField('mxCalendarEvents','allday');
                      $m->createObjectContainer('mxCalendarEventImages');
                      $m->addField('mxCalendarCategories','parent');

Sorry for the confusion and such quick cycle on these releases.

Cheers
            Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
            Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.