We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 10 Posts
    Quote from: sottwell at Jun 07, 2013, 05:32 AM
    Hmm. It's not getting the javascript files properly. Is this installed in the web root, or in a subdirectory?

It's odd, but I just ran into this same issue playing around with the command line installation script, trying to install into a subdirectory although it warns that it doesn't work for subdirectory installations.

Another thing that comes to mind is server security settings. I've had some parts of Evo's manager fail because the scripts were nested too deeply. Server security was set to not execute scripts more than four folders deep. The client had their hosting change that to six levels and everything started working again. Since the Revo Manager is a lot of AJAX with .php scripts nested very deeply, we might be seeing something similar here.

I'm just about to get ready to go to work, so I'll give you a more detailed response when I get back.
    It's not installed in my web root, but rather the /public_html/ folder.
    Then the /public_html/ folder is the Home Directory which the server points to.

So technically I don't think that's a sub directory as such...
    Maybe I could try installing it in a slightly different way or change where the server points as a Home Directory.
    Anyway sorry to read and run, but I have to go to work.

Thanks for the advice and I'll have a proper look again when I get home and get back to you.
      • 2 Posts
      Yes, I have the same problem as outram here. I have a 2.2.7 site and did the recommended security patch fix through package management. Everything was working fine before the patch fix was applied,and now I get the page he displays here with none of the links working.
        • 10 Posts
        Quote from: mksone at Jun 07, 2013, 04:46 PM
        Yes, I have the same problem as outram here. I have a 2.2.7 site and did the recommended security patch fix through package management. Everything was working fine before the patch fix was applied,and now I get the page he displays here with none of the links working.

Well that is sort of progress... At least I'm not alone.

By chance are you hosting with StartLogic? Possibly that is the issue.

Also, if it was after an update for you... There is some difference between the two versions which causes the issue.

Sottwell mentioned in a previous post that she thought it was an issue with loading the Javascript files.

Any boffins know of any changes between the versions with the way Javascript is loaded?
          • 2 Posts
          Hello Outram. No I'm not using StartLogic for hosting, I'm using Bizland. This morning I did a fresh install of 2.2.8 to see if there would be a different result but I got the same thing. I get a login screen, can get to the manager page but as soon as I click on any link to access or edit anything I then get the screen you've shown in your picture and can't do anything. The links don't respond. I will now get in touch with the hosting company and try Sottwells suggestion. Thanks Sotwell for that suggestion. I will let you know if that works on this end. Is anyone else out there having the same issue when updating to 2.2.8 or installing the security patch? If so, what did you do to correct it?
          • I totally missed this thread when I was looking at my manager issue this morning. The fix I found was in Bob's Guides. Here is my thread where I posted my symtoms:

http://forums.modx.com/thread/84964/manager-lost-its-styling-and-functionality#dis-post-468622

Link to Bob's Guides page:

http://bobsguides.com/modx-troubleshooting.html

I changed the compress_js and compress_css in my db as well, then cleared out my site cache manually going into core/cache and deleted all files, my php sessions, and my browser cache, and all appears good now.

This is only happening on a site hosted on Fatcow. It was working fine one day, the next day was hosed. I have sites on Hostmonster, Hostgator, GoDaddy, Bluehost, and Siteground and am not seeing this.

Hope this helps.

Dan
            [ed. note: cookie_monster_az last edited this post 10 years, 10 months ago.]
              email - [email protected]
              twitter - @danhartaz
              • 10 Posts
              Hi all... I'm afraid I just cannot get it to work.

I tried all the suggestions on Bob's page which Dan provided and had no luck.

I'm quite an amateur at this stuff, but I think I was doing everything correctly.

For now I think I might just use another CMS and try XMOD again when a new version comes out.

It's unfortunate as I'd heard really good things about it.

I get the feeling it is down to my hosting provider not being compatible, but I don't know.

One thing I can say is you have all been very helpful even though I couldn't get it to fly... Thanks to all for their input.