We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hi everyone,

I'm currently implementing simple search for a site. The site has various pages where content shown to the user is derived from child elements using getResources. Those child elements basically act as pure data containers, are excluded from the menu and are not meant to be displayed by themselves.

When using simple search, the search returns those child elements as target links. Excluding them from the search results would be possible, but as they basically make up the content of the partent page this is not an option.

Im looking for a possiblity to present the link/title of the parent object as a search result to the user.

Is there a possibility to have simple search return the target links for the parent object, e.g. in case the element is excluded from the menu?

Thanks,

Alex

• 180 Posts
      Hi Alex!

i'm in the same situation !
      did you find a solution ?

thanks !
        • 2 Posts
        Hi Troubadour,

actually I did. I have installed the redirectoid package and created a template for the data container objects with the following Template-Code :

[[Redirectoid? id=`[[*parent]]`]]

Simple search still returns the link to the data container. When following the link the browser is however redirected to the parent object. No sure if this is the best solution, but is is working.

See here: www.syxos.com. When you search for trend, the result will point to such a data container.

Alex