We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 13 Posts
    hi - just updated an 0.9.6.2 to 1.0.10. the site had a blog and amazingly things are functioning with only a couple of minor tweeks. well, except for the rte for content entry. the rte is being called as a template variable and does not display on the entry page.

newspublisher 1.4

code:

call from the resource:
    [!NewsPublisher? &folder=`57` &canpost=`Blog Admins` &formtpl=`FormBlog` &footertpl=`Comments` &makefolder=`1` &rtcontent=`tvblogContent` &template=`Content Pages/Login` &clearcache=`1` !]

excerpt from chunk {{FormBlog}} for layout:
    <fieldset>
        	<h3>The Content</h3>
        	<p>The Summary field is optional, but is used as a short version for RSS feeds and summary views on the main blog page.</p>
        	Summary:<br />
            <textarea name="introtext" cols="60" rows="2">[+introtext+]</textarea><br />
        	<label for="content">Content: [*blogContent*]</label>
    	</fieldset>

is it still possible to have the rte called this way? or have things changed and require a different methodology. if an rte is not possible is there an easy way to use a text area instead?

thank you for any insight or suggestions!

chas
      • 24,544 Posts
      In MODX Revolution, you'd add this to the tag, I'm not sure if that's used in the Evo version.

&initrte=`1`
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 13 Posts
        hi bobray - thanks for the feedback ..... gave that a try but evo didn't seem to care. still no rte.
          • 24,544 Posts
          That version of NewsPublisher is quite old (and unlike the Revo one, I didn't write it). It may just not be up to snuff for the current version of MODX or TinyMCE.

Does TinyMCE work for you in the Manager?

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 13 Posts
            hi - yes, tinymce is working as expected. am using the current version 3.5.8 for 1.0.10

would even be happy with a plain text area for entering content, but calling that from the template variable does not work either.
              • 12 Posts
              Hi,

I have the same problem with version 1.0.12.
              When I configure the TV variable that represents the content with these values:
              input_type richtext
              input_options
              input_default
              output_widget RichText
              output_widget_params &w=383px&h=450px&edt=TinyMCE
              sort_order 0

I have this error on the form page:
              "Error : array_key_exists(): The first argument should be either a string or an integer
              ErrorType[num] : WARNING[2]
              File : /home/adlm/www/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php
              Line : 884
              Source : if (array_key_exists($matches[1][$i], $this->config))

Did you already solve your problem?

Thanks.
                • 16 Posts
                I am having a problem as well with richtext widget for Evo 10.12. I also get this error:

"Error : array_key_exists(): The first argument should be either a string or an integer
                ErrorType[num] : WARNING[2]
                File : /home/adlm/www/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php
                Line : 884
                Source : if (array_key_exists($matches[1][$i], $this->config))

Anyone have a clue as to why this happens?