We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hi all,

I'm currently attempting to make some kind of product finder using AJAX.

When a user action is performed (selecting a make of car via <select>) that fires the AJAX call, and a POST parameter is passed with the makeID, but I can't seem to access it in my snippet.

1. jQuery / AJAX on front-end
      <script type="text/javascript">

$(document).ready(function(){

url ="http://localhost/madsprings/modx/ajax.html";

$('#make').change(function() {

var makeID = $('#make').find(":selected").val();

//alert(make);

var data = 'make=' + make;

$.post(
        		url,
       			"?makeID=" + makeID,
        		function(data) { 

$('#model').append(data);
    				$('#model').prop('disabled', false);

var model = $('#model').find(":selected").text();
    			},
        		"html"
    		);

});

});
      </script>

2. Resource (ajax.html, as called in code above)
     [[!getModels]] 

3. getModels snippet
     echo 'MakeID: ' . htmlspecialchars($_POST["makeID"]); 

In the above snippet, it seems that $_POST["makeID"] does not exist. Is there any way to preserve the variable so it may be used, or is there another way?

Thanks

Will
    • Mark Hamstra Reply #2, 11 years ago
      Check the ajax request in your browsers developer tools - does it contain the POST?

I think it may be interpreting the question mark in the second parameter for $.post as part of the key you are posting, which could mean your make ID is available in $_POST['?makeID'].
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • 2 Posts
        You Mark, have nailed it my friend!
        Thank you so much for your help. That's exactly what the problem was smiley