We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24 Posts
    If I have a custom (manager) theme, and then try to create a document, when I choose an empty template the page refreshes as expected, but the default theme is applied rather than my custom (manager) theme.

Is this a bug? And if it is, am I posting in the correct place? [ed. note: ahrenks last edited this post 11 years ago.]
    • What version of MODX are you using?

Older versions of MODX (Revo 2.2.2-pl iirc) had a date_timezone issue with php, mySQL and server time that prevented template switching. There's a fix, but it's faster to update MODX.

In the meantime, try using the right click quick option, that should allow you to change the template and save.
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 24 Posts
        Using 2.2.7-pl, but noticed it on 2.2.6-pl also.

Cheers for the Rightclick->Quick Create tip
        • Well then, try checking your php timezone. This sounds just like the problem we were having with 2.2.2 last summer. Especially if the right click works.

In the manager, system settings search for "timezone". Set your local time with the php timezone. i.e. America/Los_Angeles

This should match your php timezone, but if not, edit php.ini and use the same timezone as you used for the system settings. (again, search for "timezone")

Seems strange that it would still exist in 2.2.7, but perhaps something didn't go right with the upgrades.

"Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
          • Actually, I mean set the php.ini and system settings to match your server timezone. Sorry, local timezone may or may not be accurate for you if your server is in a different timezone.
              • 24 Posts
              Yeah they're both set to Pacific/Auckland -- However, the theme still reverts to the MODx default when an empty template is selected.

It's not a major problem, just aesthetic.
              • But right click works? Hmmm...

Is there a theme/template set in the CMP?

Can you change to another template other than empty?
                  • 24 Posts
                  To fix it in the interim, I've overridden the default manager template with my own theme.