We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 268 Posts
    Hi,

Here's the issue I found. Even there's a simple solution I did not understood, even it's a big issue.

• Say, I have setup 2 language contexts
      (en for english, web, the default for french).
    • Babel is on too.

Everything went right until I entered the "make page for members only" course.
    Following the nice rtfm doc for this, I setup a "Membres" resources group associated to a Membres users group (2.27 wizard).

Then I gave load, list view access to the users group for each context (en + web).
    seams to be ok dealing with login logout on front-end.

Now I gave the anonymous group Load access only for the concerned resource group in order to be able to use the unauthorized_page settings.

Well that's cool, except it can't works for BOTH context. As far as I understood the system setting works only for the default context web.

So If I click on the protected page's link when not logged in, in French version (web) I have a 403 error (I think not visible), and I'm redirected to the page set for this wish is correct (the login page).
    But If I do the same when in English version (en context) there's no way for modx to find the unauthorized_page just because this page is on the web context.
    And I get a blank page with 503 Error - Unauthorized

If we can't setup an unauthorized_page for each language context this is a real issue.

Any help ?

thank you
      • 1,145 Posts
      donshakespeare Reply #2, 11 years ago
      Hello,

I have up to three unauthorized pages for the different contexts. I use multi domain, so my case might be slightly different from yours, but I doubt it.
      Each context can have its own unauthorized page. Make sure you set it correctly in the specific context's settings.

For the anonymous user-group after giving them access to the two contexts....
      declare two resource group access settings like so:
      1)resource group - member role - Load only - web
      2)resource group - member role - Load only - en
      Hope this helps.
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 268 Posts
        Quote from: donshakespeare at May 09, 2013, 08:56 PM
        Hello,

Each context can have its own unauthorized page. Make sure you set it correctly in the specific context's settings.
        Thank you.

But this precisely my misunderstanding: How can I set an unauthorized page PER context when the system settings panel is showing only 1 (by the way, same pb for the 404 one too)
        Quote from: donshakespeare at May 09, 2013, 08:56 PM
        Hello,
        For the anonymous user-group after giving them access to the two contexts....
        declare two resource group access settings like so:
        1)resource group - member role - Load only - web
        2)resource group - member role - Load only - en
        Hope this helps.

yes this is done afaik.

I checked a previous project with same bilingual stuff but no private page...same issues I did not detect before. A 404 page in the EN context fire a blank 503 page, as the same request done from the web context works. So this does not look to be in direct connection with permission ?
          • 1,145 Posts
          donshakespeare Reply #4, 11 years ago
          In the resource tree, click the context whose settings you wish to customize.
          Three tabs appear: General Info - Context Settings - Access Permissions

In Context settings, customize what you want.
          NAME -----------------------------KEY---------------------------VALUE
          site_start------------------------site_start-------------------------1 (homepage)
          unauthorized_page---------------unauthorized_page--------------------209 (ie. page id)
          error_page--------------------------error_page-----------------------345
          Hopefully this is what you are looking for...
            Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
            5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
            • 268 Posts
            Thank a lot!

You saved my week-end!
            I was hitting my head against wall.

I add those params to the en CX.
            The system settings still ok for the web CX.

So I suggest to add those informations to the tutorials for babel. Really NOT obvious at all.
              • 1,145 Posts
              donshakespeare Reply #6, 11 years ago
              Yup, the weekend is for thanksgiving and celebration, not for MODx-inflicted head trauma.
              Glad you are all set.