We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    Hi Forum.

When I visits my private web page (www.kerasit.dk) I am meet by my expected frontpage.
    However there is no menu. I am using userfriendly URLs so I can navigate on the page using ?id=x and get /x.html in the adress bar and the expected page is shown.

When I trys to login to manager by using /manager/ I am meet with this:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/www/kerasit.dk/core/model/modx/modmanagerresponse.class.php on line 41

I needs some help to have this fixed (I cannot honostly say that it is not me myself who has done something bad, but I do not know what, how and when.

I have another site running as a subdomain also as a modx installation: nythus.kerasit.dk and everything seems to be working fine here.
      • 175 Posts
      stalemate resolution associate Reply #2, 11 years ago
        • 7 Posts
        Hi again.

I have now tryed following the guidance and the tips and tricks from the link.

Deleting the core/cache/ files only gave me a '500 Error'.

Trying a reinstall, I gets the same '500 Error' if choosing the 'Upgrade Existing Install' option.
        If I chooses the 'Advanced upgrade installation', I am sent to the databaseconfig page.

Here it already detects the desired Hostname, database, username and prefix.
        I then enters the correct password (I am 100% sure it is correct).
        When I then chooses the 'Test database server connection and view collations.' link, it comes up with:
        "Connecting to database server:
        Could not connect to the existing database for upgrade. Check the connection properties and try again."

I have checked, double checked and checked again and even retyped all information to be sure that all is correct. It is but I still recieves the above. :-(
        • Does your user have full permissions for the database? You may want to check that as it's often the reason for failed connections.

You also may need to add the account prefix to your fields, such as yourSite_yourMODXdb instead of using just the database name alone.

Remember, before running setup for a reinstall, make sure to turn off FURL's in system settings (do so in the system_settings table if you can't get into the manager), clear your core/cache folder of all files, and disable .htaccess (rename). Only after you're up and running again, re-enable these settings.

Most 500 errors are either due to .htaccess or MODX permissions (or in this case, database user permissions perhaps). Start there, and if you sill have issues then look to other solutions.

Something else to keep in mind is to use a nice fresh copy of the modx.zip version you're currently using for your site, and to upload the .zip to the root intact and extract it ON the server itself rather than using FTP to transfer an unpacked .zip file.
            Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster