We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I have installed Google Analytics (analytics-1.1.0-rc1) and Dashboard Widget (analyticsdashboard-1.0.0-pl). Authentication through Google was successful.

Problem is that I get error message when I login in my manager (screenshot attached):
    syntax error:
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request

Firebug says:
    "NetworkError: 500 Internal Server Error - http://www.domain.com/assets/components/analytics/connector.php?action=data&data=goals&format=json"
    The same for ..=profiles&format=json, ..=mobile&format=json, ..=trafficsourceschararr&format=json.

Error log:
    [2013-04-29 14:36:48] (ERROR @ /assets/components/analytics/connector.php) Could not cache context settings for mgr.
    [2013-04-29 14:36:48] (ERROR @ /assets/components/analytics/connector.php) Could not cache context settings for web.

Checked .htaccess file, permissions and configurations in System Settings, re-installed packages many times, even made new Google Account. The same error.

Red this thread: http://forums.modx.com/thread/?thread=74018&page=1 but seems that I have another problem than described there.

I have site on MODX Revolution 2.2.7-pl (advanced), Apache/2, MySQL 5.5.30, PHP 5.?

Has anybody the same experience or can help me with ideas?

www.oranza.com
      • 833 Posts
      Any errors in your log file?
        A MODx Fanatic
      • I've found the BigBrother analytics to be a breeze to setup. Last time I used the Analytics extra it was just a mess, switched to BigBrother over a year ago and haven't looked back since. Not as comprehensive as the googleanalytics.com dashboard, but neither is the Analytics extra.

http://modx.com/extras/package/bigbrother
          Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
          "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
          Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
          • 833 Posts
          Right on! BigBrother is definately a great addon. I actually use it on most sites I manage as the main dashboard widget. Very neat and simple to deploy.
            A MODx Fanatic
          • Installed locally, the widget works good. Don't think it is hosting problem, because I have numerous sites at this host and every site has this widget installed, no problems before.

Anyway, case is solved with Big Brother, thanx for advice. Customer was so excited by this feature - to see Google Analytiscs on the dashboard, that, to my mind, it was the main reason to choose MODX smiley Coudn't dissapoint them!

Log file warnings can see in my first post, but this is not important anymore, hopefully, I guess.

www.oranza.com
            • Yes, BigBrother is super clean and simple to set up. Changing accounts (domain change) is as simple as revoking the authorization, and setting up a new account. Glad the client is happy, that's the point, eh?

Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
                "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
                Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
              • Yes, it is already tested and it works. Client will be definetely happy!
                  www.oranza.com