We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 9 Posts
    Hi everyone,

I just finished migrating my company's website from WordPress to MODX and am running into one final error with getting the site to run on my new server.

The website is www.cornucopiagroup.com and all of the pages are loading fine except for the manager. Here's the error I receive:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Unable to load template file 'header.tpl'' in /home/content/85/10986885/html/www.cornucopiagroup.com/core/model/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php:162 Stack trace: #0 /home/content/85/10986885/html/www.cornucopiagroup.com/core/model/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(537): Smarty_Internal_Template->isExisting(true) #1 /home/content/85/10986885/html/www.cornucopiagroup.com/core/model/smarty/Smarty.class.php(335): Smarty_Internal_Template->getRenderedTemplate() #2 /home/content/85/10986885/html/www.cornucopiagroup.com/core/model/modx/modmanagercontroller.class.php(257): Smarty->fetch('header.tpl') #3 /home/content/85/10986885/html/www.cornucopiagroup.com/core/model/modx/modmanagercontroller.class.php(448): modManagerController->fetchTemplate('header.tpl') #4 /home/content/85/10986885/html/www.cornucopiagroup.com/core/model/modx/modmanagercontroller.class.php(166): modManagerController->getHeader() #5 /home/content/85/10986885/html/www.co in /home/content/85/10986885/html/www.cornucopiagroup.com/core/model/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 162

All of the config files seem to be filled in correctly (I wrestled with them for awhile, getting other php errors on the manager screen). The permissions are all 644 on files and 755 on directories so I don't think that is the issue.

For what it is worth, I did just try re-running setup as I had edited the core config paths and I continue to run into an issue:

Checking if /home/content/85/10986885/html/www.cornucopiagroup.com/core/config/config.inc.php exists and is writable: Failed!

The file is there and I even set permissions to 777 and continue to get this error. I was able to get past this before by creating a blank config.inc.php file and then pasting the contents into it.

As it is now, the site is loading fine but I can't log in until this is resolved.

Any help this weekend would be much appreciated. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    David
      • 9 Posts
      Also, to be thorough, I checked the database to ensure that the core path was set correctly. It is set to be the same as in my config files yet the problem persists.
      • Mark Hamstra Reply #3, 11 years ago
        Are you sure the /home/content/85/10986885/html/ bit in the path is correct? It seems a bit odd.

Try creating a simple php file with this contents:

<?php
        echo dirname(__FILE__);

and then match that against your core path.

Oh, and also check the manager/config.core.php file to make sure that doesn't have anything weird in there. [ed. note: markh last edited this post 11 years ago.]
          Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
          • 9 Posts
          I figured it out. This was on GoDaddy and that is indeed the path on the shared server. What was happening was I made edits to the config files via my FTP program but didn't notice that the changes weren't being successfully saved on the server. Something about my FTP user permissions. Went into the file manager on GD and edited the file directly. That got me to the manager, but the manager wasn't loading (javascript non-functional) and I couldn't clear the cache or anything.

I searched and found this link: http://tracker.modx.com/issues/6509 and followed it to disable compress_js through phpmyadmin and now the manager loads fully and everything finally working. I hope.

Wow. I really want to see MODX succeed, but comparing this process with that of WordPress, MODX clearly needs some simplification. Only 1 file on WP to edit when migrating and no errors. I will say that I find the community to be more helpful on MODX though, and that is a good place to start.

Thanks for the help. We can close this post out.