We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I read here http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/session_handler_class that we can choose the modSessionHandler for database managed session or leave it blank for default php session manager.

Are there any other option? What's the difference between database or php standard (performance, security and so on)?

I had some problem with a database with modx site, where many editors work in the backend,
    do you think that a php session manager could lighten the database use?

Thanks for your answers,
    Alessandro
      TilliLab | MODX Ambassador
      website
    • You leave it blank in MODX to use what is configured in php.ini for session management. You can configure any valid PHP session_handler here, or you could extend modSessionHandler to override it's behavior, providing your own class.

Using the standard files session handler from PHP can be faster than DB session management, but you will be completely dependent on your php.ini settings in this case.
      • Thank you very much for your answer, actually you are right: the site seems to be faster.
        I'll go on testing a little more,
        thanks again
          TilliLab | MODX Ambassador
          website