We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    Is problem with new revolution 2.2.7??

Mail will not send why formit. work good 2.2.6...now no good.
      • 24,544 Posts
      Possibly your host has turned off mail(). It's fairly common. You could try setting the SMTP System Settings and using SMTP.

You might also try installing QuickEmail to help you diagnose the email issues.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 7 Posts
        Possibly your host has turned off mail(). It's fairly common. You could try setting the SMTP System Settings and using SMTP.

You might also try installing QuickEmail to help you diagnose the email issues.

I think you are right. I try quickemail and have same message "Send Failed
        Mailer error info: Could not instantiate mail function."

Why maybe they turn off mail()?
        • Depending on the host they may disable it to prevent users from sending spam, requiring you use SMTP to send mail which can be better monitored. You may also run into problems if they block outgoing SMTP ports.
            Patrick | Server Wrangler
            About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
            • 7 Posts
            Depending on the host they may disable it to prevent users from sending spam, requiring you use SMTP to send mail which can be better monitored. You may also run into problems if they block outgoing SMTP ports.

I contact host and they say filter email out and I must have domain email with them to send. Formit can send with emailFrom I know but no have domain with webhost. Can use email host with them but with no domain? How to fix different way?
              • 7 Posts
              OK I fix. I use emailFrom and create generic email for host to use with. it was smtp filter block on host that problem.

Thanks yous guy!