We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Quote from: DesignByWilliam at Apr 25, 2013, 03:28 PM
    According to my host shell_exec, exec, system or has to be passthru has to be allowed, and they wont turn it on out of security reasons. Is there anything i can do or must i leave my host?

If they won't enable them, there's no way for you to do it yourself. Most things don't require them, but a few do. In this particular case, phpThumb's ability to use ImageMagick depends on at least one of those functions being allowed. You might run across some other things in the future that won't work properly because of this too.

Yeah, I'd sure change hosts!
      Extras :: pThumbResizerimageSlimsetPlaceholders
      • 94 Posts
      I wonder if i should create a new thread, but i notice this error as well now. And i have reinstalled onto a new host. Everything else works flawlessly, but this is still there. It can't be some issues with 2.2.7?

Also several times I had this odd thing happen: I'd successfully save something, go back and look at it, and see the old version. Disable the browser cache, navigate somewhere else, come back, still the old version. Then logout or switch browsers, login, check the file again, and this time it's the new version. Strange...
        --------------------------------------
        www.williamastrom.se