We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 32 Posts
    Hello,

I have just tried to migrate the site from Dev env to public host. I have followed this guide:
    http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Moving+Your+Site+to+a+New+Server

However, I have a bunch of errors, and I'm unable to access the main site with error 503.

Here are the errors for when I try to login into the manager:

Warning: include_once(/core/model/modx/modx.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ennobl5/public_html/manager/index.php on line 50

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/core/model/modx/modx.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ennobl5/public_html/manager/index.php on line 50

Warning: include(/core/error/unavailable.include.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ennobl5/public_html/manager/index.php on line 51

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/core/error/unavailable.include.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ennobl5/public_html/manager/index.php on line 51
    Site temporarily unavailable!

I have edited core/config/config.inc.php and there is nothing in core/cache.

Please help me transfer the site. Thanks in advance.
    • Did you make sure to update the following 3 files as well?

• config.core.php
      • connectors/config.core.php
      • manager/config.core.php

It's not just the core/config.inc.php file you need to edit, also make sure you update the database path as well then re-run your setup.

Good Luck.
        Benjamin Marte
        Interactive Media Developer
        Follow Me on Twitter | Visit my site | Learn MODX
        • 32 Posts

benmarte, thanks for the info,

I just found my error, and have just got to the login screen for the manager. I did update all the files, but not in the right way. The paths should be relative to server disc root, not to public_html root where the site is. This should be mentioned in the docs? Also, there is the last step to update the database; I did update as in docs but I'm not sure if this is necessary as there seems to be a variable in that field.
        • If the database has a variable leave it there just make sure the paths are correct in the other 4 files and re-run the setup.
            Benjamin Marte
            Interactive Media Developer
            Follow Me on Twitter | Visit my site | Learn MODX
            • 32 Posts
            Re-ran the setup, everything seems to work fine so far.
            Thanks.