We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hello,

I've just updated two websited from Modx Evo 1.0.8 to 1.0.10 and both sites have the same problem.

Friendly URL rewriter doesn't work, when a page is a catalogue containing subpages. Instead of rewriting to www.website.com/news.html it creates link to: www.website.com/news/
    It works fine with all other pages and if I type "news.html" instead of "news/" it displays correct page.

What happend?
      • 65 Posts
      It's worth looking at setting 'Make end slash URL at the container' setting in Tools->Configuration->Friendly URLs.

I had a slightly different issue whereby two slashes where added at the end of a URL. This might be because I'm also using the 'SEO Strict URLs' plugin and I've not had time to investigate that yet.

• 2 Posts
        Quote from: randall at Apr 20, 2013, 10:22 AM
        It's worth looking at setting 'Make end slash URL at the container' setting in Tools->Configuration->Friendly URLs.

I had a slightly different issue whereby two slashes where added at the end of a URL. This might be because I'm also using the 'SEO Strict URLs' plugin and I've not had time to investigate that yet.

It works perfectly. Thx!
          • 589 Posts
          Quote from: randall at Apr 20, 2013, 10:22 AM

Yes, SEOstrictURLs is obsolete with that system setting in 1.0.10
            • 65 Posts
            Thanks Eoler, I've now disabled SEO Strict URLs and the new setting works perfectly.