We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 60 Posts
    I upgraded a 2.2.6 dev environment (luckily dev) this morning to the new 2.2.7 release. Everything went smooth and I was happy to have the new version. When I tested it, I realized, that some permissons were gone. E.g. users couldn't see anything in file browsers any more. I checked the corresponding mediasource, everything was ok. When I tried to add a new access permission to it, I could choose User group and Role, but the Policy selector did not work (it should show Media Source Admin and Media Source User!).
    Seems like I hit (again) the old bug http://tracker.modx.com/issues/7574. Checking the policies and templates there were some problems revealed:

• the new Media Source AdminTemplate has no permissions inside
    • the Context Template is duplicated: one has Template group Admin and no permissions, one has template group Object with 7 permissions inside (this was the 2.2.6 clean install)
    • the QuipModeratorPolicyTemplate (Articles installed) was duplicated as well
    • as the Media Source Admin policy has now the Media Source AdminTemplate attached, it has no more any permissions as well
    • and the Media Source User policy is now based on the AdminTemplate???

Can someone confirm that please? I would submit a bug report then, if this generally happens and not only to my dev environment... If that happens to others, it is a show-stopper for that upgrade, as existing installations won't work as before for users (even admin users).

And, of course, maybe someone nows a clean and future-update-proof fixing procedure for that?

Update: clear why the media source policy selector does not show anyhting: there are now policies left after the update which use the MediaSourceTemplate! [ed. note: last edited this post 11 years ago.]
      • 60 Posts
      Update II: a workaround to fix it is to create a new policy based on the MediaSourceTemplate and then find all usages of the old (broken) policy and replace it with the new one.
        • 534 Posts
        woah...just seen this (after updating to 2.2.7 today morning), my acl templates and also the permissions itself seem completely messed up...strangely nobody complained yet, I can also log in with another user (i'm sudo) and it seems to work (even when it shouldnt, because the templates and acls are competely EMPTY...don' know yet how big of a mess that is, but looks quite severe...

EDIT0: Filed a bug in the tracker: http://tracker.modx.com/issues/9826 and also described a temporary very ugly and manual fix (you have to edit the db) until we have more info about what happened there...

EDIT1: lol...the relevant part of the screenshots get's cut of by the forum...you have to view the attachments itself^^

EDIT2: did some content editing stuff with an editor user, and it works...but I'm afraid to touch anything in the permission system now (bc all I have set up is empty now, but seems to be preserved somehow in the db...how to get it out there?=D)

EDIT4: Update also completeley reset my Actions / Top Menu configuration...everything I have deleted or reordered is back again now^^...how can I preserve work like this when updating?

[ed. note: exside last edited this post 11 years ago.]
        • I'm not sure if I'm following what you guys are saying correctly but this is why when doing anything with ACLs you should always duplicate from the default templates and never use the ones MODX ships with in order to prevent situations like these.

Right now it seems like you guys were using some of the default templates and those got changed so logically all your ACLs broke in the upgrade process.
            Benjamin Marte
            Interactive Media Developer
            Follow Me on Twitter | Visit my site | Learn MODX
            • 534 Posts
            Quote from: benmarte at Apr 12, 2013, 07:00 PM
            I'm not sure if I'm following what you guys are saying correctly but this is why when doing anything with ACLs you should always duplicate from the default templates and never use the ones MODX ships with in order to prevent situations like these.

Right now it seems like you guys were using some of the default templates and those got changed so logically all your ACLs broke in the upgrade process.

=), that's exactly the problem here...I'm well aware of that you should duplicate the standard ACLs when editing them (because they will be reset when updating) and that's what I did (see screenshots) and that's where it gets messed up...the standard policies are fine after the 2.2.7 update, but ALL my duplicated/custom ACLs are completely messed up because somehow the update created NEW policy templates based on the names of the duplicated/custom ACLs with nothing in them