We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hi!
    I haven't worked with EVO since 2010, but I have an old project that I need to dust off and I wanted to use phpthumb. I use phpthumbof in every REVO project, so I know how to use it... but for some reason in my EVO project it does not work. The GD Library is installed and working on the server.
    I have installed the following version of phpthumbof
    http://modx.com/extras/package/phpthumbpackage

Version 0.3.2

I have the images.php in my root website folder, and I am using Ditto to loop through a group of resources to print to the page a set of items.

In my chunk I have a placeholder to my image TV like this:
    [+myimage:phpthumb=`w=90`+]

The placeholder myimage comes from an image TV and processes properly when I do not use the phpthumb of output filter.

I am using the default phpthumb config file and have installed the px:phpthumb snippet. I can't see what is going wrong. The path that is written by the above chunk is:

http://subdomain.mydomain.com/assets/images/cache/nameofimage.jpg&w=90--150-150.pageCache.jpg&w=90

Not sure why it is calling the page cache here in the path?

Anyone have a clue?

Benjamin Davis: American web designer living in Munich, Germany and a MODX Ambassador. I am also co-founder of SEDA.digital, a MODX Agency.
    • Ok, I know now why the path is like that... I have Auto Image Resizer working as well. But I know that before I installed that plugin, phpthumb was still not working.
        Benjamin Davis: American web designer living in Munich, Germany and a MODX Ambassador. I am also co-founder of SEDA.digital, a MODX Agency.
        • 1,613 Posts
        fourroses666 Reply #3, 11 years ago
        Wat are the errors?

You can try this version in attachment.

Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley
          • 16 Posts
          design4music Reply #4, 11 years ago
          Exactly, recently I used a version provided by fourroses666 and it works well.
            it is all about jazz
          • Thanks guys.. well firebug says that the URL cannot be loaded. Failed to load the given URL.

in the .phpthumb_cache folder, folders are being written but no images are being placed there.

The path to the image that is getting sent to image.php is correct however.
            • It could actually be something the PHx plugin. In the manager I am getting there the following error for the PHx plugin:

syntax error, unexpected '<'

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /serverpath/htdocs/namehere/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(790) : eval()'d code on line 1
              • Just reinstalled http://modx.com/extras/package/phx

to no luck.