We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • discuss.answer
    • 38 Posts
    Quote from: BobRay at Apr 03, 2013, 05:20 PM
    The content is in the language files. core/components/spform/lexicon/

There are five languages there now (en, ru, es, nl, and de). You can select one with the &language property in SPForm and it will use that language for all messages. You can create another language if necessary by just copying the files and doing a translation. If you do that, let me know so I can add the translation.

The quick-and-dirty fix is to just go to System->Lexicon Management, select the spform namespace and modify the language string by double-clicking on the text (enter-comments is the one you want). You'll need to clear the site cache for you changes to show up. Your changes will survive upgrades of MODX and (I think) SPForm.

Got it, thanks so much, yeah it will be Chinese so I will provide that to you when its done.

I will get a tutorial about SPForm for n00bs like myself up soon with all of the basics laid out step by step. It would be good if there could be a forum for SPForm in the forums also. N00bs like myself are not searching around looking for cutting edge solutions or the latest option, but solutions that have good documentation and are popular, meaning we can get info to help figure stuff out.

PS Do I show my age by using the word noob? I have the feeling everyone but me stopped using it like a decade ago.

Cheers!
      • 24,544 Posts

Thanks!

There is a tutorial here, though having another one for newbies couldn't hurt. http://bobsguides.com/spform-tutorial.html

If you can, make sure both the language files are in unix format with utf8 encoding. Otherwise, they tend not to work right.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting