We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 60 Posts
    Quote from: markg at Apr 18, 2013, 08:55 AM
    Anyway, I have another question. The hidden input field can be seen in the page source, so wouldn't a spammer write their bot to look out for "hidden" inputs and avoid them?
    Sure a bot can do this. That's the reason why i give the hidden field a name which is likely to be filled out by a "simple" or "not so clever" bot. I really don't know any spambots, but could think of something which "weights" the fields according to their names. And an email-field is more likely to be filled by a bot than a dontFillMeSpammer-field.

Anyways... please post your complete FormIt-call and your HTML-form.
      • 834 Posts
      Yeh,

that's why i called mine confirmemail. 'spose I should have made the hidden field an actual email field to confuse them even more.

The call looks looks like this
      [[!FormIt?
      	&hooks=`spam,email,redirect,FormItAutoResponder`
      	&emailTpl=`MyEmailChunk`
      	&emailSubject=`Message from Test Form`
      	&emailTo=`[myemail]`
              &validate=`name:required:minLength=^2^,
      	     email:email:required,
                    confirmemail:blank`
              &redirectTo=`250`
              &fiarTpl=`BautoResponseTpl`
      	&fiarSubject=`Thank You for Contacting Us`
      	&fiarToField=`email`
      	&fiarFromName=`Make Them Click`
      	]]

The form code is
      <section id="formit">
      		<form name="formit" id="formit-form" method="post" action="[[~[[*id]]]]" />
      		<div id="wrapping" class="clearfix">
      			<section id="aligned">
      <input type="text" name="name" id="name" placeholder="Your name" autocomplete="off" tabindex="1" class="txtinput" value="[[!+fi.name]]" />

<input type="email" name="email" id="email" placeholder="Your e-mail address" autocomplete="off" tabindex="2" class="txtinput"  value="[[!+fi.email]]"/>

<input type="url" name="website" id="website" placeholder="Website URL" autocomplete="off" tabindex="3" class="txtinput" value="[[!+fi.website]]"/ >

<input type="tel" name="telephone" id="telephone" placeholder="Phone number" tabindex="4" class="txtinput" value="[[!+fi.telephone]]" maxlength="14" />

<textarea name="message" id="message" placeholder="How can we help you?..." tabindex="5" class="txtblock">[[!+fi.message]]</textarea>

<input type="hidden" name="confirmemail" value="" />

</section>	
      		</div>
      		<section id="buttons">
      			<input type="submit" name="submit" id="submitbtn" class="submitbtn" tabindex="7" value="Let's Talk" />
      			<br style="clear:both;">
      		</section>
      		</form>
      	</section>

Content Creator and Copywriter
        • 60 Posts
        The required fiarReplyTo-parameter is missing. Try adding &fiarReplyTo=`[email protected]` to the FormIt-call.
          • 834 Posts
          Quote from: DasItsch at Apr 18, 2013, 09:58 AM
          The required fiarReplyTo-parameter is missing. Try adding &fiarReplyTo=`[email protected]` to the FormIt-call.

Works without it, so I'm not sure it is required and it wasn't mentioned in the Formit Tutorial http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/FormIt.Examples.Simple+Contact+Page

Content Creator and Copywriter