On March 26, 2019 we launched new MODX Forums. Please join us at the new MODX Community Forums.
Subscribe: RSS
  • Hello,

    yesterday I installed the first 1.0.9 as an upgrade to 1.0.5 for a 1&1 hosted site. Everything went fine.

    Two remarks:
    In my download of MODX 1.0.9 there were two folders missing in the assets/plugins/tinymce/tiny_mce/plugins folder, preventing TinyMCE from loading in the backend: the folders "visualchars" and "print". I grabbed them from the official TinyMCE download site.

    For Germany it makes sense to include the two lines
    $locale = setlocale(LC_ALL, 'de_DE.UTF-8');
    date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Berlin');
    into the config.inc.php file

    to prevent timezone warnings in the backend.

    Thanks to all MODX 1.0.9 contributors!
    • Did you upload the unzipped MODx files from your computer to the server? It's very common to get missing or corrupted files, especially with the tinymce files because there are so many little files involved. It's better to upload the intact zip file to the server, and unzip it on the server, moving the files into place as necessary.
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
      • Quote from: hgw7m at Mar 21, 2013, 09:12 AM
        the folders "visualchars" and "print". I grabbed them from the official TinyMCE download site.
        Thanks for your information. It is improve, next release.

        Quote from: hgw7m at Mar 21, 2013, 09:12 AM
        For Germany it makes sense to include the two lines
        $locale = setlocale(LC_ALL, 'de_DE.UTF-8');
        date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Berlin');
        into the config.inc.php file
        My thinking is same.
        • Is it not possible to add a "choose your timezone" element when you initially install Evo ?

          Which then sets the site up with the correct timezone preventing errors, and which would mean you dont have to create a php.ini file with the timezone in it.

          Cheers

          p.s Not just for German servers, for all languages and countries, Ive seen this implemented in an ecommerce solution called Lemonstand. By install it asks what country / timezone you want to use.
          • timezone setting by config file would be ok.

            But locale setting not (specially with LC_ALL). This would cause all PHx modifier with floatval input not working anymore in german installations, since ',' and '.' are swapped in numbers in that locale.

            Locale setting in system settings with default to none and warning for PHx issues would be my proposal (would be the same behaviour and the same modifier problems as in Revo then). [ed. note: Jako last edited this post 6 years, 6 months ago.]
            • I added visualchars and print to tiny_mce/plugins from official TinyMCE download, but TinyMCE still appears broken in MODx 1.0.9. What is the proper procedure for getting the new version of TinyMCE to to work in 1.0.9?
              • Quote from: featherodd at Apr 15, 2013, 06:47 AM
                I added visualchars and print to tiny_mce/plugins from official TinyMCE download, but TinyMCE still appears broken in MODx 1.0.9. What is the proper procedure for getting the new version of TinyMCE to to work in 1.0.9?
                https://github.com/dmi3yy/evolution/archive/master.zip
                Test please. (1.0.10 nightly)
                • Quote from: yama at Apr 15, 2013, 09:08 AM
                  https://github.com/dmi3yy/evolution/archive/master.zip
                  Test please. (1.0.10 nightly)

                  Is this nightly safe to use on a live site? (worst case I can revert to a backup)
                  • Pritty safe yes.

                    You can check this post if you have any problems,
                    http://forums.modx.com/thread/?thread=83325&page=1
                      Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley